Gamma Epsilon Tau
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Gamma Epsilon Tau|
Gamma Epsilon Tau (GET) is a co-ed American collegiate honors fraternity for graphic artists. As of 2013 the fraternity has eight active chapters, with the national chapter located at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY.
Gamma Epsilon Tau was originally formed in 1953 at an annual conference of the International Graphic Arts Education Association (IGAEA) held in New York City. Members of the printing-oriented group Xi Omicron Pi from the University of California at Santa Barbara worked with another group on the East Coast establish the fraternity. This coincided with an increase in graphic design programs in American higher education.
The fraternity is national co-educational honor society focused on graphic arts education. GET provides professional and social networking opportunities to undergraduates and alumni. Prospective members must meet certain academic, moral, and participatory standards to join the organization.
- The Zeta Chapter is located in Rochester, NY and is the current national chapter.
Epsilon: Ferris State University
- Epsilon Chapter is located in Big Rapids, MI.
- The Gamma Chapter is located in Brooklyn, NY and was one of the founding chapters.
- The Iota Chapter is located in Pittsburg, KS.
- The Mu Chapter is located in Murray, KY.
- The Nu Chapter is located in Boone, NC.
- The Xi Chapter is located Clemson, SC.