||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (December 2012)|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of series||1|
|Picture format||16:9 1080i HDTV|
|Original run||14 October 2012– present|
|Related shows||Jersey Shore
Gandía Shore is a Spanish reality television series broadcast on MTV Spain. It premiered on 14 October 2012 and is the Spanish adaptation of American show Jersey Shore. It follows the same format as the American and British (Geordie Shore) versions. The show follows the lives of eight participants who live in the Spanish city of Gandía.
It premiered October 14, 2012, and broke MTV Spain's all-time ratings record, with 948,000 viewers and a market share of 4.8%, figures that more than double the Jersey Shore premieres on the Spanish chain.
MTV gave the list of participants with their descriptions days before the official releases of the program. The cast is formed by José Labrador, Cristina "Core" Serrano, Abraham Garcia, Cristina "Cat" Lopez, Alberto "Clavelito" Clavel, Ylenia Padilla, Esteban Martinez and Arantxa Fernandez.
|José Labrador||1||25||Sagunt, Valencian Community||"I haven't come with the intention of falling in love"|
|Cristina "Core" Serrano||1||20||Vic, Catalonia||"Pim, pim, pim, don't stop!, pim, pim, pim, don't stop!"|
|Abraham García||1||21||Campo Real, Madrid||"The crowd here is real crazy"|
|Cristina "Gata" López||1||20||Valencia, Valencian Community||"Meow, meow, mmeeeeeow!"|
|Alberto "Clavelito" Clavel||1||22||San Antonio de Benagéber, Valencian Community||"C'mon dude! It's okay!"|
|Ylenia Padilla||1||23||Benidorm, Valencian Community||"Let us go to Gandia Shore!"|
|Esteban Martínez||1||24||L'Eliana, Valencian Community||"Ugly gals for ugly lads, hot lasses for me"|
|Arantxa Fernández||1||21||Villarejo de Salvanés, Madrid||"I'm the queen of the platforms, kids!"|
Esteban Martinez is 24 years old and he is from La Eliana, Valencia. He is quite responsible and hardworking. Esteban loves taking care of his body and without doubts, he's the most muscled of the house . He is considered the "protector" of the group because he always acts as the mediator of the routine conflicts of the house. Distrustful with women, he prefers them older than him. He has tattooed in his body his fetish Hollywood actresses, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. He loves electro-house and hip-hop, rugby and American football. His football team is the Atlético de Madrid.
Arantxa Fernández is from Villarejo de Salvanés, Madrid. She's 21 years old and she's usually described as an impulsive, crazy and spontaneous girl. She loves partying and she defines herself "The Queen of the platforms" and "a choni with lots of glamour". She's constantly laughing and having a good time, as she's the funniest gal. She's also a very lazy person. In the first episodes, she intends to have something with Abraham.
Alberto Clavel is 22 years old and he's from San Antonio de Benagéber, Valencia. His nickname is "Clavelito", which in English means "little carnation". He's the most calm and one of the few honest persons in the group. Also, he is the only one that has no problems with anyone in the house. He loves powerful cars, latest technology and partying. He does not consider himself to have the most fit body in the house. Ultimately, he's the good boy of the house.
Ylenia Padilla is 24 years old and she's from Benidorm, Alicante. She's the most problematic person in the group. She's very sincere but also very impulsive. She loves drinking and partying and she defines herself as the hottest gal in Benidorm and as an authentic earthquake. She is a very funny and cheerful person, although, in some cases, she has some problems related to the excessive consumption of alcohol. At the beginning of season 1 she has a relationship with another housemate, José Labrador, but they eventually break up after a number of quarrels. She leaves the house one day before the end of the season due to the various conflicts that has with her housemates. Even so, Ylenia has confirmed her participation on season 2.
Abraham García is from Campo Real ( Madrid ) and he's 21 years old. He is the most polite person of his housemates, He loves practising extreme sports like motocross and he takes care of his body and haircut, but he says he's not obsessed with it. He loves meeting new people and dating with lasses too. He considers that sex is something fundamental in life. He's the preppiest of the house, causing a difference between his housemates and him. He defines himself as a "NINI", which the translation in English would be "neither nor": "He neither studies nor works". Also, he is known as the "authentic tanga boy".
Cristina "the cat" López is from Valencia and she's 20. She's the youngest of the house. She has a boyfriend but despite that, she is the horniest gal of the house. She loves partying, shopping and taking care of herself. She does not stand cockiness and irresponsibility. She's always smiling and funny, beyond responsible. She won't tolerate being offended and can quickly turn into a tiger. She has some problems with Ylenia, whom she considers overbearing. She practises self-defense and she's brown belt. She studies veterinary at university.
José Labrador is 25 years old and he's from Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia. He's the oldest of the house and he considers himself the "macho alfa" of the house. He's very strict with his body and presumes of his smile (he considers it his VIP pass). He loves practicing water sports like Kayaking, fishing, snorkelling, etc. His favourite artists are Red Hot Chili Peppers, System of a Down and Daddy Yankee. In season 1 starts a relationship with Ylenia, but finally they broke up because he thinks it is "toxic".
Cristina "Core" Serrano is from Vic (Barcelona) ans she's 20 years old. Her nickname "Core" comes from her favourite musical genre "hardcore". She's impulsive and spontaneous, and her passion is dancing. For relaxing, she practices Muai Thai and dancing, as well as going to the gym. She's very sensitive and cries when attacked. Her body and her appearance are the most important things for her. She considers herself a "Daddy's girl". She has more than one strong discussion with Ylenia during the first season, making them eternal enemies. She has a boyfriend when she enters the house, but she breaks up with him and has a brief fling with Abraham. A few months after the end of the filming season, Core has had a plastic surgery to her nose, lips and breasts (This can be seen at the Spanish TV documentary show "Callejeros", chapter "Belleza del Bisturí" issued on Cuatro. Also, she has done a photo shoot naked for Interviú, showing her new breasts to the world.
Duration of cast
|Cast members||Series 1|
- Key: = "Cast Member" is featured in this episode.
- Key: = "Cast Member" arrives in the house.
- Key: = "Cast Member" voluntarily leaves the house.
- Key: = "Cast Member" is removed from the house.
- Key: = "Cast Member" returns to the house.
- Key: = "Cast Member" features in this episode, but outside of the house.
- Key: = "Cast Member" leaves the series.
After the success of the USA format, Jersey Shore, and the British version, Geordie Shore, MTV Spain decided to make its own version of the reality show with the producer Magnolia TV. "We are very excited about this project. Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore are two globally successful programs that have been very successful in Spain, and we have wanted to make the Spanish adaptation from the first moment" said Raffaele Annechino, CEO of MTV Spain.
After considering a number of possible locations for the program (Ibiza, Conil, Salou or Benidorm), in July 19, 2012 it was confirmed that the city chosen for the shooting was Gandía, in which castings took place in order to select the cast. MTV Spain wanted young people who were explosive, handsome, spontaneous, fun, disinhibited, with a great body, who loved to party and to flirt. On July 31, MTV confirmed that the name chosen for the program would be Gandía Shore.
The recordings were carried out during the month of August (2012) and since the beginning of the recordings controversy and criticisms began to emerge. With over six hundred hours of footage and with a team of seventy-six people in three consecutive turns to "reflect 24 hours of pure reality", Gandía Shore began.
In September 2012, Gandía Shore was introduced as the big bet for the channel and its eight participants were introduced in pairs and in different consecutive days. Ylenia and Clavelito were the first to be released through the official website MTV Spain in September 25, followed by Gata and Abraham, Core and Labrador and finally Arantxa and Esteban.
Gandía Shore was released on Sunday 14th October achieving a great success, it was the best opening in the history of the channel and the best debut of digital terrestrial television from the analogue switch off 2010. During his band emission, the docu-reality was the most watched program among thematic channels and second choice for television viewers, only behind the comedy Aída and also was a success on social networks.
Gandía Shore, which prompted MTV scoring the best day of his history (1.5% and 130,000 viewers), recorded a 4.8% of share with almost a million viewers. Also scored his particular golden minute at 23.23pm, when 1,214,560 fans watched the adventures of the protagonists. In the following emissions, despite the lower number of spectators, it continued to be one of the great options for Spanish viewers. It also revolutionized social networks, becoming the most discussed topic during all the emissions.
Such has been the success that the CEO of MTV Spain, Raffaele Annechino, confirmed on November 11, 2012 on the online newspaper Qué.es that Gandía Shore will have a second series:, of which details are still unknown.
After the huge success among young Spanish people, MTV decided to launch an application for iOS and Android with extra content of the program to provide on the chapters on air. Moreover, on December 5, was released a music compilation with the hits that make up the soundtrack of Gandia Shore like "Angelito Sin Alas" "Bara Bara, Bere Bere" and "Quítate el top".
|1||October 14, 2012||948,000||4.8%|
|2||October 14, 2012||948,000||4.8%|
|3||October 21, 2012||750,000||3.8%|
|4||October 28, 2012||754,000||3.6%|
|5||November 4, 2012||873,000||4.0%|
|6||November 18, 2012||644 000 ||2.9%|
|7||November 25, 2012||732,000||3.3%|
|8||December 2, 2012||665,000||2.9%|
|9||December 9, 2012||750,000||3,5%|
|10||December 16, 2012||709,000||3,4%|
|11||December 23, 2012||653,000||3,4%|
|12||January 6, 2013||201,000||3,2%|
|13||January 13, 2013||700,000||3,4%|
|14||January 20, 2013||122,000||4,2%|
- On November 11, MTV did not show the sixth episode because it would have clashed with the European Music Awards, which the Gandía Shore boys and girls attended and paraded down on the red carpet like stars.
- "MTV prepara 'Gandía Shore', la versión valenciana del popular reality 'Jersey Shore'". 20 Minutos. 1 August 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "'Gandía Shore' arranca con gran éxito de audiencia (4,8%) en la parrilla de MTV España". 20 Minutos. 15 October 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Gandía Shore | Profilo y fotos de los actores | MTV España". Mtv.es. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Gandía Shore | Estos son los ocho "cuerpazos" y colegas de barrio en la playa de "Gandía Shore"". Vertele. 2012-09-27. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' finaliza el rodaje de su primera temporada para MTV EspaĂąa". FormulaTV. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore', nombre oficial de la adaptaciĂłn espaĂąola de 'Jersey Shore'". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Ylenia y Clavelito, dos nuevos concursantes de 'GandĂa Shore'". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "El estreno de 'Gandia Shore', récord de audiencia en MTV - Noticias audiencias - TELEMANIA". Telecinco.es. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- 'Gandía Shore': La segunda temporada, confirmada.
- "Descárgate MTV XTRA, la aplicación interactiva de ‘Gandía Shore’ que es todo un éxito. | Noticias | MTV España". Mtv.es. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "El primer recopilatorio de ‘Gandía Shore’, a la venta desde el 4 de diciembre | Noticias | MTV España". Mtv.es. 2012-11-29. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' arranca con gran ĂŠxito de audiencia (4,8%) en la parrilla de MTV EspaĂąa". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' (3,8%) se mantiene fuerte en su segunda semana en MTV". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' (3,6%) baja en su tercera semana pero se mantiene con buenos datos en MTV". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' (4%) sube y lidera la noche en TDT con su quinto capĂtulo en MTV". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' marca mĂnimo en MTV pero se mantiene fuerte con un 2,9%". FormulaTV. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "IntereconomĂa seduce a mĂĄs de medio millĂłn de espectadores con el especial 'El gato al agua' de las elecciones catalanas". FormulaTV. 2012-11-25. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "'GandĂa Shore' iguala su mĂnimo histĂłrico en MTV con un 2,9% en su octava entrega". FormulaTV. 2012-12-02. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "MTV EMA | Taylor Swift y Justin Bieber, grandes triunfadores". Vertele. Retrieved 2012-12-26.