|Born||December 28, 1907
Jorhat, Assam, India
|Died||August 21, 1938|
|Occupation||Author, Poet and actor|
Ganesh Gogoi's childhood, student life in his native place Jorhat. Passed the Matric examination from Jorhat Government High School in the second division, After matriculation he admitted to Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam in the year 1926. He left for Kolkata in 1927 and was admitted to the Ripon College (now Surendranath College for higher studies. Later on he also admitted to the Kashi Hindu university (Now Banaras Hindu University), but did not complete his study. Ganesh Gogoi never married because he died at a young age of 30 on August 21, 1938.
Some of his famous dramas had pictured in 'Jorhat theatre' where Ganesh Gogoi used to stage these dramas.
- Jerengar Sati (1937),
- Sakunir Pratisodh,
- Kashmir Kurmari
- Kuri Satika, etc.
- Papori (1934) A romantic Assamese poetry book.
- Swapna bhanga (1934)
- Rupajyoti (1945).
- The Government of Assam to institute an award in the name of Ganesh Gogoi from the year 2009. This film was officially selected for South Asian Film Festival 2007 at Dhaka.
- An documentary entitled 'Ganesh Gogoir Jiban Surabhi' has been produced on his life and works.
- A park named as Ganesh Gogoi Kabita Kanan after renowned him in Jorhat at Assam.
|Assamese Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- History of Assamese literature, by Birinchi Kumar Barua
- Assamese literature: Volume 9, Part 2 - Page 84, Satyendranath Sarma
- Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: devraj to jyoti, Amaresh Datta