|Town and Mandal|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||56:44 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Machilipatnam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gannavaram|
Gannavaram is a town and a mandal headquarters located in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, India. It is situated at a distance of 20 kilometers from the city of Vijayawada on National Highway 5 connecting Chennai to Kolkata. Gannavaram is known for its airport and weather reporting station.
Vijayawada Airport is a mid-sized domestic airport serving Vijayawada. Its longest runway is 7,500 feet in length at an elevation of 82 feet. Currently flights run 6 times a day from Gannavaram to New Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Bangalore. Due to an increase in air traffic to this region, Airports Authority of India recently decided to develop and make infrastructural changes to the airport.
The most happening[clarification needed] town near Vijayawada, the real estate is in boom with three recent major developments, consisting of:
- An IT park at the Andhra Pradesh state government near Kesarapalli
- An airport expansion which enables the landing of larger flights like Boeings and includes a night landing facility
- An outer ring road that connects NH5 and NH9.
Major plus points to Gannavaram:
The domestic airport located at Gannavaram,connects Gannavaram to Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi. The Airport is currently being served by Kingfisher Airlines, Jet Airways, Spicejet and Air India. Annually about, 1,80,000 number of passengers are using this airport.
- An IT park
- Veterinary university
- Bacon factory
- Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Medical, Dental, and Nursing colleges
- A proposed outer ring road between NH5 TO NH9
- NTTF at Davaji gudem
- Government polytechnic collage
- RTA office Vijayawa
The following is the list of villages in this Mandal. 
- China avutapalle
- Jakkula nekkalam
- Ramachandrapuram[disambiguation needed]
- Sagguru amani
- Venkata narasimhapuram
- Venkata narasimhapuram(u)
- "Villages in Gannavaram Mandal". Retrieved 2007-02-20.