|Developer(s)||The GanttProject Team|
|Stable release||2.6.6 / April 24, 2014|
|Type||Project management software|
|License||GNU General Public License|
GanttProject is GPL-licensed (free software) Java based, project management software that runs under the Windows, Linux and Mac OS X operating systems. This project was initiated in January 2003, at University of Marne-la-Vallée (France) and managed, at first, by Alexandre Thomas, now replaced by Dmitry Barashev.
Comparing to other full fledged project management software, one could say that GanttProject is designed considering the KISS principle.
It features most basic project management functions like a Gantt chart for project scheduling of tasks, and doing resource management using resource load charts. It does not have advanced features like cost accounting, message and document control. It has a number of reporting options (MS Project, HTML, PDF, spreadsheets).
The major features include:
- create Work Breakdown Structure
- Task Hierarchy and Dependencies
- Gantt Chart
- Resource Load Chart
- Baselines saving and comparing
- Generation of PERT Chart
- PDF and HTML Reports
- MS Project import/export
- Exchange data with spreadsheet applications
- WebDAV based groupwork
- Project file format is XML
- Vacation and Holidays management
- Available in more than 20 languages
- Number of download: as of January 2014, there are 1600k downloads of GanttProject 2.0.10 for Windows from Google Code. Average daily download count is about 1.5k
- Infoworld reviewed GanttProject favorably.
- As of June 2011, the number of weekly downloads of GanttProject (ver 2.0.9) at SourceForge was third among such programs: first was OpenProj (ver 1.4), second was JFreeChart. Note: Since GanttProject ver 2.0.10 is no longer posted at SourceForge, this download ranking is not relevant.
- User rating at cnet/Download is 3.5 stars (MS Project is 4.0 stars).
- List of project management software
- Project management software
- Project management
- Project planning
- Project Portfolio Management
- Resource Management