An example of Trendalyzer software
Trendalyzer is an information visualization software for animation of statistics that was initially developed by Hans Rosling's Gapminder Foundation in Sweden. In March 2007 it was acquired by Google Inc.. The current[when?] beta version is a Flash application that is preloaded with statistical and historical data about the development of the countries of the world.
The information visualization technique used by Trendalyzer is an interactive bubble chart. By default it shows five variables: Two numeric variables on the X and Y axes, bubble size and colour, and a time variable that may be manipulated with a slider. The software uses brushing and linking techniques for displaying the numeric value of a highlighted country.
Components of the Trendalyzer software, particularly the Flash-based Motion Chart gadget, have become available for public use as part of the Google Visualizations API (see  ).
- The Gapminder World, using Trendalyzer to display various statistics about the world's countries. A tab allows access to a download package
- Make Your Data Tell a Story: "Reports, tables, charts and dashboards all deliver information, but information alone isn't understanding"
- Using Gapminder in Presentations: A tutorial on how to implement a Gapminder graph in your presentation.
- Webpage with Installation package for 2007 version
- Example for visualization of environmental data (environmental accounting)
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|