|Traded as||BİST: GARAN
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Headquarters||Levent, Beşiktaş, Istanbul, Turkey|
|Number of locations||961 offices (March 2013)|
|Key people||Ferit Şahenk
(President & CEO)
|Products||Financial Services, credit cards, consumer banking, corporate banking, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, pension, life insurance, brokerage, leasing, factoring, asset management|
|Net income||US$ 1.9 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 102.1 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 12.3 billion (2012)|
|Parent||Doğuş Holding (%24,23)
Garanti Bank is the second largest private bank in Turkey with US$104.1 billion consolidated assets as of March 31, 2013.Having shares publicly traded in Turkey, the UK and the US, Garanti has an actual free float of 49.94% as of March 31, 2013; Garanti shares are publicly traded in Turkey and depository receipts in the UK and the US.
Garanti provides services in all business lines including payment systems, retail, commercial, corporate, SME, private and investment banking. Together with its domestic and international subsidiaries (Garanti Bank International, Garanti Bank SA, Garanti Bank Moscow), Garanti offers service also in pension and life insurance, leasing, factoring, brokerage and asset management.
Garanti serves twelve million customers through 936 domestic branches, 6 foreign branches in Cyprus, one in Luxembourg and one in Malta; 3 international representative offices in London, Düsseldorf and Shanghai; more than 3,550 ATMs; an award winning call center and Internet, mobile and social banking platforms built on cutting-edge technological infrastructure.
- Founded in Ankara.
- Joined Doğuş Group, a conglomerate operating in finance, industrial and services sectors.
- Went public; its shares began trading on the ISE.
- First Turkish company to issue shares in international markets.
- First bank to work during lunch time
- Introduced the first Cash Management Account in Turkey (E.L.M.A.).
- First private bank to launch "Business Owner Package" dedicated to support SMEs.
- First bank in Turkey to establish a dedicated Cash Management Department.
- Became the first multi-branch private bank in Turkey to offer real-time online services.
- The first Turkish bank to offer internet and telephone banking together.
- Offered Turkey’s first Direct Debit System.
- The first bank to offer "Virtual P.O.S." system.
- Launched Turkey's first e-trade website (eticaret.garanti.com.tr)
- First bank in the world to issue trade payment rights securitization.
- Introduced Bonus Card, Turkey's first chip-based and multi-branded credit card.
- Introduced Shop & Miles, Turkey's first credit card that earns miles while shopping
- Merged with Ottoman Bank, another banking subsidiary of Doğuş Group.
- Established Turkey's first interbank card platform with Bonus Card.
- Offered Turkey's first Online Direct Debit System.
- First bank in the world to offer SMS-based money transfer via CepBank.
- First Turkish company to receive the Investors in People (IIP) achievement certificate for the quality of its human resources practices.
- Turkey's first cardless bill payment and money deposit transactions through ATM.
- General Electric and Doğuş Group became equal strategic partners in Garanti Bank.
- Introduced world's first flexible credit card, FlexiCard, enabling customization of all parameters including financial and visual.
- Introduced Bonus Trink, the PayPass featured credit card with contactless chip technology.
- Initiated Turkey's first bill payment service via P.O.S. machines.
- Offered "5 minute loan" service whereby the applicant receives the evaluation in 5 minutes.
- First bank in Turkey to create "paperless banking" operating environment and first bank in the world with ID scanning facilities in branches
- The first Turkish private bank to offer "Woman Entrepreneurs Support Package".
- The only bank in Turkey with exclusive rights to issue American Express Centurion Line Cards and to accept merchants to its network.
- Launched "Garanti Discount", Turkey's first web-based supplier financing system.
- Launched Turkey's first Direct Debit System with risk sharing model.
- Introduced Environmentally Friendly Bonus Card, a first in Turkey and Europe with its features as an ecologic product such as its plastic, communication materials and donation characteristics
- First bank in Turkey to offer web-based transactions on TurkDex (The Turkish Derivatives Exchange) via online banking.
- Bought back founder share certificates, an important move toward improved corporate governance.
- Launched Turkey's first Inventory Finance System.
- Established Turkey's first mortgage call center, 444 EVIM.
- Launched Loan via P.O.S., commercial installment loan offered through P.O.S. system, a first in the world and in Turkey.
- Performed Turkey's first cardless remittance via ATMs, where both parties are non-bank customers and want to transfer money.
- Founded the Teachers Academy Foundation (ÖRAV), with the aim of fostering consistent personal and professional development of teachers.
- Turkey's first bank to offer "e-government" payments.
- Introduced Money Card, Turkey's first credit card which is multi-branded and also offers brand-specific loyalty benefits.
- Launched Turkey's first last minute EFT service.
- Offered Western Union transactions via Internet branch as a first in the world.
- Developed Turkey's first Gold Financing System.
- Launched DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) P.O.S. enabling foreign card holders to pay in their own currencies.
- Started calculating its greenhouse gas emissions.
- Established the Sustainability Committee.
- Submitted its greenhouse gas emissions and climate change strategy to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Introduced another first in Turkey by performing Western Union transactions through ATMs as well as Internet Banking.
- Launched the world's first NFC (Near Field Communication) payment enabled SIM card "Bonuslu Avea".
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) and Doğuş Group became equal strategic partners in Garanti Bank, through BBVA’s acquisition of *shares from GE Capital Corporation and Doğuş Holding A.Ş.
- Sold its 20% shareholding in Eureko Insurance to Eureko B.V. by exercising its put option.
- Joined UNEP FI (The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative).
- SALT was established to provide long-lasting support to culture and experimental thinking in Turkey
- Entered the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) Global 500 Report 2011, a global reporting system on climate change.
- Became the first private enterprise to issue the longest tenor Eurobond in Turkey.
- Provided Turkey’s first TL-denominated long-term project finance facility.
- Introduced Cep-T Paracard in collaboration with Turkcell and MasterCard, Turkey’s first prepaid card enabling SIM-based secure service *that can be used with mobile handset devices.
- Set up its Environmental Management System and Environmental Policy.
- Signed up to the United Nations Global Compact.
- Became the first bank in Turkey to become a member of the Turkish Business Council for Sustainable Development (TBCSD).
- Introduced Garanti Link which offers special campaigns to social media users as a first in Turkey.
- Introduced Net Account as a first in Turkey which offers a variety of returns based on income, saving capability and habits, and with regard to opening dates and regular payment amounts.
- Established sector’s first Auto Loan Support Line; 444OTOM.
- Became the first bank in Turkey to apply Call Steering, apprehending the request expressed by the customer and directing them to the related task point.
- Launched world’s first banking application for Windows 8.
- In partnership with Shell, introduced Shell Partner Card as a first in Turkey to combine cash and fuel management in a single card.
- Introduced Turkey’s first contactless SME-specific credit card, Easy Card.
- Introduced Takas Kart (Barter Card) that enables the automation of cash flow between dairy industries, milk cooperatives, and milk producers through merging the means of exchange with technology on a plastic card.
- First Bank in the world to offer web-based solution to the working capital needs of car dealers for the purchase of second hand cars via Exchange Finance.
|DOGUS GROUP TOTAL||24.23|
|BBVA (BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA S.A)||25.01|
Board of Directors
|Name and Surname||Responsibility||Appointment Date|
|Ferit Faik Sahenk||Chairman||18.04.2001|
|Süleyman Sözen||Vice Chairman||08.07.2003|
|Dr. Muammer Cüneyt Sezgin||Member||30.06.2004|
|Dr. Ahmet Kamil Esirtgen||Member||19.03.1992|
|Manuel Castro Aladro||Member||22.03.2011|
|Manuel Pedro Galatas Sanchez Harguindey||Member of BOD and Audit Committee||05.05.2011|
|Carlos Torres Vila||Member||22.03.2011|
|Angel Cano Fernandez||Member||22.03.2011|
|Belkıs Sema Yurdum||Independent Board Member||30.04.2013|
|Sait Ergun Özen||Member and CEO||14.05.2003|
|Name and Surname||Responsibility||Appointment Date|
|Sait Ergun Özen||CEO||01.04.2000|
|Adnan Memiş||EVP-Support Services||03.06.1991|
|Ali Fuat Erbil||EVP-Financial Institutions & Corporate Banking||30.04.1999|
|Gökhan Erün||EVP-Treasury, Investment Banking, Human Resources & Training||01.09.2005|
|Faruk Nafiz Karadere||EVP-SME Banking||01.05.1999|
|Halil Hüsnü Erel||EVP-Technology, Operations Management & Central Marketing||16.06.1997|
|Recep Bastuğ||EVP-Commercial Banking||01.01.2013|
|Turgay Gönensin||EVP-Coordination of Subsidiaries||01.01.2013|
|Aydın Senel||EVP-General Accounting & Financial Reporting||02.03.2006|
|Avni Aydın Düren||EVP-Legal Services & Retail Risk Monitoring||01.02.2009|
|Betül Ebru Edin||EVP-Project Finance||25.11.2009|
|Murat Mergin||EVP- Strategic & Financial Planning||01.01.2002|
|Onur Genç||EVP-Retail Banking||20.03.2012|
|Didem Baser||EVP-Delivery Channels & Customer Satisfaction||20.03.2012|
|Aydın Şenel||EVP- Purchasing & Tax Management||06.06.2013|
|İbrahim Aydınlı||EVP- General Accounting & Financial Reporting||06.06.2013|
- The Best Bank in Turkey – Financial Times Group’s “The Banker” magazine, 2012
- “A” rated Sustainability Report - Global Report Initiative (“GRI”), 2013
- Investors in People (IIP) Gold category certification in the area of human resources (first and only Turkish institution), 2012
- Best Trade Finance Bank in Turkey – Global Finance, 2012
- Best Internet Bank in Turkey and Best Online Deposit, Credit and Investment Product Offerings and Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site in *Europe – Global Finance, 2012
- 2012 Turkey- Carbon Performance Leadership – Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP, world’s largest environmental reporting programme specific to climate change), 2012
- STP (Straight Through Processing) Excellence Award on its volume of EUR and USD transfers (for the ninth time) – Deutsche Bank, 2012
- Official website
- Corporate Profile, Garanti Bankası
- Annual Reports Archieve, Garanti Bankası
- Milestones in Garanti's History
- Key Financial Indicators