Garbh Eilean, Loch Maree
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|OS grid reference||NG911725|
|Gaelic name||Garbh Eilean|
|Meaning of name||Rough Island|
|Island group||Loch Maree|
|Area||39 ha (96 acres)|
|Area rank||(Freshwater: 9)|
|Highest elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Garbh Eilean lies between Eilean Sùbhainn and Eilean Ruairidh Mòr. The islands are among the least disturbed in Britain. They are managed as the Loch Maree National Nature Reserve by agreements between Scottish Natural Heritage and their owners.
- Rick Livingstone’s Tables of the Islands of Scotland (pdf) Argyll Yacht Charters. Retrieved 12 Dec 2011.
- Area and population ranks: there are c. 300 islands >20ha in extent and 93 permanently inhabited islands were listed in the 2011 census.
- 2001 UK Census per List of islands of Scotland
- Ordnance Survey. Get-a-map (Map). http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/.
- "Loch Maree Islands National Nature Reserve". Scottish Natural Heritage. Retrieved 2007-12-14.
|This Highland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|