||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (January 2009)|
Gardein (garden + protein) is an award winning line of meat-free foods that are made by Garden Protein International in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. Gardein founder Yves Potvin created the first veggie dog in the 1980s and now creates a full range of award winning meatless foods. Gardein delivers real meat taste, texture and nutrition - with no cholesterol and less fat and calories than traditional proteins. Made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and vegetables.
Awards and accolades
In 2013, FoodNavigatorusa.com included Gardein's founder, Yves Potvin, in their top 10 entrepreneurs to watch. Gardein was awarded 4 Canadian Grand Prix 'New Product' awards, 'New Product' awards from Veg News Magazine three years in a row (2010, 2011 & 2012), the 'Good Food Award' by Natural Health Magazine in 2011 and the Seven Grain Crispy Tenders won Shape Magazine's 'Best Snack' award in 2010.
Gardein has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, in Chef Tal Ronnen's bestselling vegan cookbook, The Conscious Cook, and on talk shows in the United States and Canada.
Gardein is sold in the frozen food aisle.
Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n, Lightly Seasoned Chick’n Scallopini, Crispy Chick’n Sliders, Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers, Teriyaki Chick’n Strips, Sweet & Tangy BBQ Wings, Classic Style Buffalo Wings, Zesty Marinara, Crispy Chick’n Fillets, Crispy Chick’n Patty.
The Ultimate Beefless Burger, Home Style Beefless Tips, Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips, Classic Meatless Meatballs, Beefless Sliders, Southern BBQ Riblets, Breakfasts Sandwich.
Lightly Breaded Turk’y Cutlet with Gravy, Savory Stuffed Turk’y (Seasonal), Holiday Roast with Gravy (Seasonal).
- "Gardein FAQ". Gardein. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Entrepreneurs to watch: 10 movers & shakers in US food & beverage". Foodnavigator-usa.com. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Gardein Earns "Three-Peat" with Coveted Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards™". Newswire.ca. 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "The 2012 Veggie Awards". Vegnews.com. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Low-Calorie Snacks|Shape Magazine". Shape.com. 2011-08-26. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Gardein Chick'n Scaloppini". Oprah.com. 2009-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Chef Tal Ronnen Teaches Ellen His Gardein Meatless Stew Recipe(01/12/10)". YouTube. 2010-06-05. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- Tal Ronnen. "gardein “chicken” scaloppini with shiitake sake sauce, braised pea shoots, and crispy udon noodle cakes : Recipe : The Conscious Cook". Talronnen.com. Retrieved 2013-10-16.