Garešnica is located in central Croatia at the foot of Moslavačka gora mountain, 17 km (10.56 mi) northeast of Kutina, on the main road Kutina - Veliki Zdenci - Virovitica. It was first mentioned in 1527. The church Visitation of Our Lady was built in 1752 and has still a lot of original inventory.
The following settlements comprise the Garešnica municipality:
- Ciglenica, population 368
- Dišnik, population 343
- Duhovi, population 111
- Garešnica, population 3,874
- Garešnički Brestovac, population 908
- Gornji Uljanik, population 116
- Hrastovac, population 479
- Kajgana, population 271
- Kaniška Iva, population 466
- Kapelica, population 546
- Mala Bršljanica, population 48
- Mali Pašijan, population 190
- Malo Vukovje, population 122
- Rogoža, population 248
- Tomašica, population 365
- Trnovitički Popovac, population 392
- Uljanički Brijeg, population 26
- Uljanik, population 287
- Velika Bršljanica, population 228
- Veliki Pašijan, population 344
- Veliki Prokop, population 48
- Veliko Vukovje, population 251
- Zdenčac, population 441
- Slavko Kolar (1891–1963), writer
- Ivo Robić (1923–2000), singer and songwriter
- Milojko "Mike" Vucelić (1930–2012), NASA engineer
- Boris Buden (born 1958), philosopher
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Bjelovar-Bilogora". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- www.croatia.hr über Garešnica
- Četvrtak, 17.01.2008.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Garešnica". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.