|Address||Place de la gare
80100 Abbeville, France
|Passengers ()||2000+ per day (2006)|
The Gare d'Abbeville is a railway station serving the town of Abbeville, Somme department, in Picardy, northern France. It is on the Longueau–Boulogne railway and is the terminus of the Abbeville–Eu railway. It is served principally by TER Picardie trains.
The Gare d'Abbeville was built by the Nord company in 1856 in regional seaside style.
It was also formerly served by a metre gauge local interest line to Dompierre-sur-Authie, part of the Réseau des Bains de Mer of the Chemins de fer départementaux de la Somme, which opened on 19 June 1892 and closed to passenger traffic in 1947.
In 2006 the Gare d'Abbeville won second prize in the special category for stations of the annual Villes et Villages Fleuris contest, an award to recognise particularly attractive passenger accommodations and landscaping and which takes into account the integration of the station into its surroundings.
The building has a staffed ticket window as well as ticket machines and offers handicapped-accessible services.
The station is served by Corail Intercités trains between Paris Gare du Nord and Boulogne and TER Picardie and TER Nord-Pas-de-Calais trains (Calais - Amiens and Abbeville - le Tréport-Mers lines).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Train station of Abbeville.|
- "Les travaux d’aménagement de la Gare Multimodale", Communauté de communes de l'Abbevillois 2006, cached 4 September 2008, retrieved 28 September 2010) (French)
- Gare d'Abbeville at TER Picardie, retrieved 28 September 2010 (French)
- Notice no. PA00116020, Ministère de la Culture, base Mérimée, posted 3 December 1993, retrieved 28 September 2010 (French)
- "La gare Meuse-Voie Sacrée a été inaugurée", Le Nouvel Observateur 23 June 2008 (French)
- Prix spécial des gares (SNCF), Palmarès 2006, 47ème concours des villes et villages fleuris p. 4 (archived pdf) (French)
- Les prix spéciaux, Lauréats 2007, Villes et villages fleuris, retrieved 28 September 2010 (French)
- Timetables, TER Picardie (French)
|Preceding station||SNCF||Following station|
|TER Picardie 24||
toward Le Tréport-Mers
|TER Picardie 25||Terminus|
- This article incorporates information from