||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2012)|
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (July 2012)|
Garry Frederick Baverstock (born 1949) is an Australian Perth-based architect, property developer, author and scientist, specialising in energy efficient building design. He was one of the pioneers of sustainable architecture in Australia, championing passive solar design of buildings and the use of solar energy. The founder of Ecotect Architects in 1969, he is a professor and Built Environment Program Manager of the Research Institute of Sustainable Energy at Murdoch University in Perth. He became president of the International Solar Energy Society in Western Australia after holding the position of Honorary Secretary from 1979-1986. His work is primarily involved with solar energy design and promoting green urbanism. He has designed over 700 solar houses in all climates throughout Australia. Along with his wife Julia Hayes, he designed the eco-friendly Swanbourne Business Centre in Swanbourne.
Baverstock has received numerous awards, including The Order of Australia in public recognition of his environmental and philanthropic achievements. In 2008 it was reported that Baverstock presented a $A500,000 rescue package to community television station Access 31. He was made a Life Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects. He is co-founder and director of the solar energy website solar-e.com.
- The Bulletin. J. Haynes and J.F. Archibald. 2007. p. 34. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- International Solar Energy Society; American Solar Energy Society (2005). The fifty-year history of the International Solar Energy Society and its national sections. American Solar Energy Society. p. 150. ISBN 978-0-89553-325-8. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "History". Ecotect Architects. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Goswami, D. Yogi; Zhao, Yuwen (18 June 2009). Proceedings of Ises World Congress 2007 (Vol.1-Vol.5): Solar Energy and Human Settlement. Springer. p. 204. ISBN 978-3-540-75996-6. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Papa, George. Aschulzial. epubli. p. 97. ISBN 978-3-8442-0414-8. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Boer, Karl W. of the University of Delaware. "The Fifty-Year History of the International Solar Energy Society and its Natural Sections". International Solar Energy Society. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Garry Baverstock:Biography". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Beatley, Timothy; Newman, Peter (6 November 2008). Green Urbanism Down Under: Learning from Sustainable Communities in Australia. Island Press. p. 9. ISBN 978-1-59726-412-9. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Digg Digg About Swanbourne Business Centre". Swanbourne Business Centre. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Garry Baverstock AM". Earth Building Association of Australia. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Murdoch University: Staff Profiles". Murdoch University. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Rescue package for Access 31". Australasian Business Intelligence. 3 July 2008. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Garry Baverstock". Solar-e.com. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Thermal mass". Buildwise.org. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Pty, D.W. Thorpe (1994). Australian books in print. D. W. Thorpe Pty. p. 800. Retrieved 24 July 2012.