Garry Walker is the conductor of the Edinburgh Youth Orchestra, principal guest conductor of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra (RSNO), permanent guest conductor of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO), and principal conductor of Paragon Ensemble.
Walker was born in the 1970s in Edinburgh, Scotland. He received his secondary school education at St Mary's Music School. In 1995, he graduated from the Royal Northern College of Music and Manchester University.
- Cornwell, Tim (2004-02-07). "Climb every mountain". The Scotsman. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Miller, Phil (2003-12-03). "Royal Philharmonic creates special post for young Scots conductor". The Herald. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
... principal guest conductor, and the Paragon Ensemble, where [Walker] is also principal conductor.
- Tumelty, Michael (2004-11-17). "A man with a mission; Garry Walker tells Michael Tumelty why he is determined to bring new music to his audience". The Herald. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Wilson, Conrad (2007-06-27). "Music". The Herald. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Markowitz, Michael (2003-09-24). "Garry Walker Named Principal Guest Conductor of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra". The Scotsman. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Tumelty, Michael (2008-09-27). "Peak practice fr rom a young conductor used to scaling the heights". The Herald. Retrieved 2009-11-03.