Garwood (NJT station)
Garwood Station platforms in August 2014.
|Address||Center Street between North and South Avenues, Garwood, New Jersey|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 59 and 113
Olympia Trails: Westfield Commuter Service
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||2 (formerly 3)|
|Passengers (2012)||83 (average weekday)|
Garwood is a New Jersey Transit (NJT) railroad station on the Raritan Valley Line, in Garwood, New Jersey. There are two short, low platforms (long enough for approximately 1-2 cars) - one on each side; passengers using the Newark-bound platform must cross over a siding track. Access to neighboring stations is available on the 59 or 113 bus, traveling between Cranford and Westfield stations.
In June 2011, a ticket vending machine (TVM) was installed on the Newark-bound platform. Although unlike any NJT station, there is no waiting room or a ticket office at this station. Passengers can purchase tickets from Garwood using the TVM without the $5 surcharge.
Garwood Station has been identified as the western terminus of the Union go bus expressway, a proposed bus rapid transit line utilizing the a portion of the abandoned Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ) right-of-way between it and Midtown Station, a transit hub combining the NJT station and the former CNJ station in Elizabeth. 
|■Raritan Valley Line||toward High Bridge (Westfield)|
|■Raritan Valley Line||toward Hoboken or New York (Cranford)|
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "Union County Go bus expressway". NJ Transit Bus Service: The Next Generation. New Jersey Transit. April 26, 2020. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Bollwage supports construction of new midtown train station by NJ Transit", Suburban News, March 16, 2012, retrieved 2012-02-01
- "Elizabeth Downtown Multi-Modal Integration Study". North Jersey Transportation Planning Organization. 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- NJT rail station information page for Garwood
- DepartureVision real time train information for Garwood
- Raritan Valley Line schedule
- world.nycsubway.org - NJT Raritan Line
- Center Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garwood (NJT station).|
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|