|Garwood Public Schools
|Type and location
||pre-K to 8
||400 Second Avenue
Garwood, NJ 07027
||Dr. Teresa Quigley
|Students and staff
||409 (as of 2011-12)
|District Factor Group
| %± vs.
||Operations & Maintenance
||Median Teacher Salary
|Data from NJDoE 2014 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with up to 400 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=71
The Garwood Public Schools is a community public school district that serves students in pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade from Garwood, in Union County, New Jersey, United States.
As of the 2011-12 school year, the district's one school had an enrollment of 409 students and 28.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 14.61:1.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings.
Public school students in ninth through twelfth grades attend Arthur L. Johnson High School in neighboring Clark as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Clark Public School District.
Lincoln School served 409 students for half-day pre-school and full day kindergarten to eighth grade as of the 2011-12 school year.
Core members of the district's administration are:
- Dr. Teresa Quigley, Superintendent
- Eric Larson, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- ^ a b District information for Garwood School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- ^ District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ About Us, Garwood Public Schools. Accessed May 13, 2013. "High school students attend ALJ High School in Clark, NJ"
- ^ Clark Township Public Schools 2014 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 19, 2015. "The district enjoys a very positive and collaborative send/receive relationship with the Garwood Public Schools. Students from Garwood are educated in their local K-8 District, then subsequently attend Grades 9-12 at our Arthur L. Johnson High School here in Clark."
- ^ School Data for the Garwood Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ Staff, Garwood Public Schools. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ New Jersey School Directory for Union County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ Superintendent, Garwood Public Schools. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- ^ School and Office Staff, Garwood Public Schools. Accessed December 7, 2014.