Gary C. Kelly
Gary C. Kelly is the chief executive officer and chairman of Southwest Airlines. He first joined the company in 1986 as Controller. In 1989, Gary was promoted to Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Finance. In 2001, he was promoted to Executive Vice President. Kelly spent 3 years in this role until he was promoted to his current position as CEO and vice chairman in 2004 replacing James Parker who succeeded Herb Kelleher in 2001. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration in accounting from The University of Texas at Austin and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Kelly was named Chairman of the Board of Directors of Southwest Airlines on May 21, 2008, replacing co-founder Herb Kelleher. Gary Kelly also became president of Southwest Airlines the same year, replacing Colleen Barrett when her contract expired on July 15, 2008. 
Kelly was named one of the best CEOs in America for 2008 and 2009 by Institutional Investor magazine.
- Gary C. Kelly's executive profile
- CEO of the Year (Again!): Gary Kelly of Southwest Airlines
- Nuts About Southwest Blog
- Gary C. Kelly Shares His Views on Leadership (Video)
- Gary C. Kelly on Becoming CEO of Southwest Airlines (Video)
- Gary C. Kelly Describes A Story of Caring (Video)
- Southwest Airlines Employee Testimonials (Video)
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|