Gary Chalk is a British illustrator and model-maker.
Born in 1952, Gary grew up in rural Hertfordshire, England. He started playing wargames at the age of 15. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in design, and spent time as a teacher of art and design before going freelance.
Gary Chalk is perhaps best known for his contributions to the Lone Wolf series of gamebooks written by Joe Dever. In addition to Lone Wolf, Gary has been involved in the artwork for a number of other notable games and books. These include the board game Talisman and the first six volumes of the Redwall series of children's books. He has also drawn maps for the entire selection of Warriors books by Erin Hunter.
As of 2009–2010, Gary Chalk is the illustrator for Allan Frewin Jones' Sundered Lands books.
- Battlecars and the expansion Battlebikes
- Cry Havoc
- Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
- Fantasy Warlord
- Cadwallon (role-playing game)
- Devil Kings
- HeroQuest (Cards and Rulebook)
- Caroline Sheldon Illustrators—Books, film and television. Carolinesheldonillustrators.co.uk. Retrieved on 2012-03-09.
- Gary Chalk – Books, Biography, Contact Information. Jacketflap.com. Retrieved on 2012-03-09.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. p. 49. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
|This article about a British illustrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an artist, architect or photographer from England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|