||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
July 17, 1970 |
|Known for||stand-up comedian|
Gary Lewis Gulman (born July 17, 1970) is a stand-up comedian. He was a finalist on the NBC reality-talent show Last Comic Standing (seasons 2 and 3). In season 2, he finished in third place behind John Heffron and Alonzo Bodden. In 2005, he released his first CD, Conversations With Inanimate Objects.
Gulman was born on July 17, 1970 in Peabody, Massachusetts, is a 1993 graduate of Boston College where he played football as a tight end, and is a former elementary school gym teacher and substitute teacher. He is Jewish. He was well known for trying out his stand-up routines on his high-school aged students before bringing them to the stage at night. He is 6' 6" tall.
Gulman's comedy centers on absurd observations about daily occurrences. He has performed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Show with David Letterman, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Conan, and John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show.
On November 25, 2006, Gary Gulman starred in his own one-hour Comedy Central special entitled "Gary Gulman: Boyish Man". His second Comedy Central special aired on December 8, 2012 called "In This Economy."
Gary is now the host of NESN's Comedy All-Stars.
He more recently appeared on the Late Show with Seth Meyers that aired on April 25th, 2014.
Gary also had a guest appearance on the Amy Schumer show in May 2014 and also performed on the Pete Holmes show on June 12th, 2014.
- Conversations with Inanimate Objects (2005)
- Gary Gulman: Boyish Man (DVD) (2006)
- All I Want for Chanukah is Christmas! (2010)
- No Can Defend (2012)
- Bent, Mike (2009-08-18). The Everything Guide to Comedy Writing: From Stand-up to Sketch - All You Need to Succeed in the World of Comedy. Everything Books. pp. 57–. ISBN 978-1-60550-168-0. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- Comedy Central Episode Guide
- Berkowitz, Daniel. "Gary Gulman No Can Defend album review". The Spit Take. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|