Gary Jacobs (boxer)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Real name||Gary Jacobs|
10 December 1965 |
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
|Wins by KO||26|
Jacobs at various points in his career held the British, Commonwealth, and European (EBU) welterweight titles, as well as unsuccessfully challenging Pernell Whitaker for his WBC crown. Jacobs wore a Star of David on his trunks. He was inducted into the Scottish Boxing Hall of Fame in 2011.
- "Gary Jacobs - Boxer". Boxrec.com. 8 February 1989. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Jet. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- "Sports Shorts". Jewish Sports Review 8 (87): 18. September/October 2011, accessed September 16, 2011. Check date values in:
- Day by day in Jewish sports history. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- The Jewish Year Book, 2000. 27 August 2008. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
|Commonwealth Welterweight Champion
19 April 1988 - 23 November 1989
|British Welterweight Champion
20 February 1992 - 9 July 1992
Title next held byDel Bryan
|This biographical article related to boxing in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|