Gary K. Wolf
|Gary K. Wolf|
January 24, 1941 |
Gary Wolf is perhaps best known for a series of comedic mystery novels featuring the now famous Roger Rabbit, a cartoon character who inhabits an alternate universe where so-called "toons" (an abbreviation for the word "cartoons") and humans co-exist. The series begins with the novel Who Censored Roger Rabbit? (1981), which was the basis of a popular movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988).
Wolf has a master's degree in advertising, given by the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. Wolf and childhood friend John J. Myers, Catholic Archbishop of Newark, co-wrote a novel named Space Vulture, released from TOR books during 2008. Wolf and co-author Jehane Baptiste have a story named "The UnHardy Boys in Outer Space" in the annual anthology of humorous science fiction, Amityville House of Pancakes Vol 3 (ISBN 1-894-95335-5).
- Killerbowl (September 26, 1975) (ISBN 0-385-04738-X)
- A Generation Removed (May 27, 1977) (ISBN 0-385-11549-0)
- The Resurrectionist (July 20, 1979) (ISBN 0-385-13141-0)
- Who Censored Roger Rabbit? (1981) (ISBN 0-345-30325-3)
- Who P-P-P-Plugged Roger Rabbit? (1991) (ISBN 0-679-40094-X)
- Amityville House of Pancakes Vol 3 (December 1, 2006) (ISBN 1-89495-335-5)
- Space Vulture (March 4, 2008) (ISBN 0-765-31852-0)
- Penumbra eMag Vol 1 Issue 10 (July 2012) (ISBN 2163-4092)
- The Late Great Show! (October 5, 2012) (ISBN 978-1-61937-408-9)
- Typical Day (December 7,2012) (ISBN 978-1-61937-456-0)
- "Internet Speculative Fiction Database on Gary K. Wolf". Internet Speculative Fiction Database. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Kahn, Joseph P. (February 28, 2007). "Intergalactic Allies: 'Roger Rabbit' creator Gary K. Wolf and Archbishop John J. Myers travel back in time and conquer the universe". Boston Globe. Retrieved 22 January 2009.
- "Gary K. Wolf: Roger Rabbit Creator and Archbishop of Newark Team up to Write Science Fiction Novel". Science Fiction Writers of America. 13 March 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-22.[dead link]
- "Amityville House of Pancakes 3". Creative Guy Publishing. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- "Wolf, Gary K. 1941—". Contemporary Authors 160. Gale Group. 1998. pp. 440–442.