Gary King (footballer)
|Full name||Gary Ian King|
|Date of birth||27 January 1990|
|Place of birth||Grimsby, England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Current club||Brigg Town|
|2009||→ Boston United (loan)||11||(3)|
|2012||→ Grantham Town (dual registration)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:10, 1 October 2010 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
King started his journey in Lincoln City's U9's team. He went up through the ranks for ten years. He also played for East Coast Juniors as a young kid once scored 50 goals from midfield in one season.
King signed his first professional contract on 19 April 2008. Later that day, he made his first start for Lincoln and scored against Brentford in the 39th minute of the game. Lincoln later went on to win this match 3–1.
He joined Boston United on loan on 8 January 2009 till mid-March. He joined Accrington prior to the 2009–10 season. Gary enjoyed his first goal for Accrington against the team from where he was born, Grimsby Town.
On 12 November 2010 he signed non-contract terms with Louth Town, marking his debut for the club by scoring a last minute winner in the 2–1 victory at Appleby Frodingham in the Northern Counties East League Division One clash on 13 November 2010. After two further appearances for the club, one in the league one in the cup, he moved on, joining Stamford at the beginning of December 2010. However, with inclement weather preventing any competitive football for the club, a seven-day notice for King's services was put in by Harrogate Town shortly before Christmas and he duly linked up with the Football Conference North club.
In July 2011 it was announced that he had rejoined Stamford. He returned to Stamford in January 2012 On 18 February 2012, he agreed to join Corby Town on a dual-registration deal with Grantham Town.
In May 2012, he agreed a deal to rejoin Stamford. He moved on to join Spalding United, marking his debut by scoring twice in a 2-1 FA Vase 4th Round victory at Ely City on 29 January 2013. He returned to former club Corby Town in March 2013, joining the club on a dual-registration deal.
- Gary King career stats at Soccerbase
- Lincoln City F.C. Official Archive Profile
- Unofficial Gary King Profile at The Forgotten Imp
- "Three new faces at Hinckley". Non League News 24. 12 June 2010. Retrieved 12 June 2010.
- "Louth Town boss signs striker Gary King following his release from Hinckley". Grimsby Telegraph. 13 November 2010. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Gary King grabs last-minute winner on his debut for Louth Town". Grimsby Telegraph. 15 November 2010. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "One in – one out at Stamford". NonLeagueDaily.com. 2 December 2010. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Daniels duo are due to face league leaders". Stamford Mercury. 24 December 2010. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "Harrogate bring in former Knitter". NonLeagueDaily.com. 29 December 2010. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "King, James and Bowey released". Harrogate Town AFC website. 13 May 2011.
- "Clark delighted with summer signings". NonLeague.pitchero.com. 4 July 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Triple signing boosts Daniels". Rutland and Stamford Mercury. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "King signs for Steelmen". Corby Town F.C. Official Website. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Trio return to Stamford". NonLeagueDaily.com. 24 May 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Raymond bolsters squad with King". NonLeagueDaily.com. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "A fine debut by King". NonLeague.pitchero.com. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "So long Kingy - Thanks for the memories!". Spalding United F.C. Official Website. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "King chooses Brigg". NonLeague.pitchero.com. 12 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.