||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
Gary Lucy outside Theatre Royal, Newcastle, October 2014
27 November 1981 |
Chigwell, Essex, England
Gary Edward Lucy (born 27 November 1981, Chigwell, Essex) is an English actor, best known for his roles as DC Will Fletcher on the ITV police drama The Bill, Kyle Pascoe on Footballers' Wives, Luke Morgan on the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks and Danny Pennant on the BBC One soap opera EastEnders.
Lucy appeared in shows, Grange Hill and Dream Team before getting the role that brought him to public attention, Luke Morgan in Hollyoaks. Lucy undertook a male rape storyline, for which he won the Best Newcomer Award at the 2000 British Soap Awards. Lucy then went on to do three series of the ITV drama Footballers' Wives where he played Kyle Pascoe, a football player for fictional club Earl's Park. In 2004, Lucy starred as Michael Sands with Ray Winstone in ITV drama She's Gone. From 2005 to 2010, he portrayed DS Will Fletcher in ITV's The Bill and appeared in Sky1's The Match. In 2009, he took part in the one-off ITV drama, Whatever It Takes. That same year, he departed from The Bill to "explore other projects". Lucy took part in the fifth series of ITV's Dancing on Ice, paired with series regular Maria Fillipov. On 28 March 2010, Lucy finished as runner-up. on 29 November 2010, he appeared as Ben Lloyd on BBC One's Missing.
On 27 September 2012, Lucy made his first screen appearance as Danny Pennant in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. On 6 March 2013 it was announced that Lucy would be returning to EastEnders as a permanent cast member.
Lucy attended Trinity Catholic High School in Woodford Green. In September 2006, he crashed his Honda CBR600RR outside Elstree Studios and badly bruised himself, delaying the filming schedule on The Bill. He has his own company, Gary Lucy Real Estate. also more recently Driving Lessons Finder, an internet based directory of driving schools and driving instructors. Lucy manages several online E-shops for his parents and several smaller online niche stores.
Lucy has two children, India Jasmine Lucy (born 2005) and Elvis Lucy (born 2011) with partner Natasha Gray.
|2014||Casualty||Valentine Kildare||One episode|
|2012, 2013–14||EastEnders||Danny Pennant||Guest contract/ Regular from June 2013|
|2010||Missing||Ben Lloyd||One episode|
|2010||Dancing on Ice||Contestant||Runner-Up|
|2009||Whatever It Takes||Matthew Sands||ITV one-off drama|
|2005–2010||The Bill||Will Fletcher||144 episodes|
|2004||She's Gone||Michael Sands||ITV one-off drama|
|2002–2004||Footballers' Wives||Kyle Pascoe||25 episodes|
|1999–2002||Hollyoaks||Luke Morgan||Over 200 episodes|
|2001||Hollyoaks: Indecent Behaviour||Luke Morgan||Late night special, DVD release|
|2000||Hollyoaks: Breaking Boundaries||Luke Morgan||Late night special, DVD release|
|2000||The Ghost Hunter||Wally Crabbe||BBC children's drama|
|1997–1998||Dream Team||Gary Pascoe||Sky television teries|
|1996||Grange Hill||Television series|
- The Full Monty (musical) - 2014, stage adaptation of the film The Full Monty, Theatre Royal, Newcastle
- Green, Kris (28 July 2009). "Gary Lucy quits 'The Bill' - The Bill News - Soaps - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (3 August 2012). "'EastEnders': Gary Lucy signs up for guest part Danny Pennant - EastEnders News - Soaps - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (6 March 2013). "'EastEnders': Gary Lucy returning as show regular - EastEnders News - Soaps - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Casting Announced for U.K. Tour of Simon Beaufoy's Play Version of The Full Monty". playbill.com. Playbill. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Bonnici, Tony (17 May 2007). "TV hunk in motorbike crash". The Sun (London).
- "Gary Lucy Real Estate, Majorca". Retrieved 2007-05-22.