Gary Myers (writer)
|Born||Gary Clayton Myers
August 15, 1952
Lynwood, California, United States
|Occupation||short-story writer, novelist, illustrator|
Gary Myers is an American writer of fantasy and horror. He is a resident of Fullerton, California. His first book, The House of the Worm, was a collection of Cthulhu Mythos stories in the fantasy manner of H. P. Lovecraft and Lord Dunsany; it was published by Arkham House in 1975 and is now out of print . His second book, Dark Wisdom, was a collection of Cthulhu Mythos stories in a more contemporary horror mode; it was published by Mythos Books in 2007. His third book, The Country of the Worm, was an expansion of the first, adding thirteen stories to the original ten; it was published by CreateSpace in 2013. His fourth book, Gray Magic, was his first novel, a fantasy adventure of Eibon of Mhu Thulan, a character and milieu invented by Clark Ashton Smith; it was published by CreateSpace in 2013.
Myers is also illustrator for most of his books. He contributed ten black-and-white interior illustrations to the 2007 edition of Dark Wisdom, and color cover illustrations to the 2013 editions of Dark Wisdom, Gray Magic and The Country of the Worm.
- Myers, Gary (1975). The House of the Worm. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. ISBN 0-87054-071-8.
- Myers, Gary (2007). Dark Wisdom. Poplar Bluff, MO: Mythos Books. ISBN 0-9789911-3-3.
- Myers, Gary (2013). The Country of the Worm: Excursions Beyond the Wall of Sleep. CreateSpace. ISBN 9781484801970.
- Myers, Gary (2013). Dark Wisdom: Tales of the Old Ones. CreateSpace. ISBN 9781484801963.
- Myers, Gary (2013). Gray Magic: An Episode of Eibon. CreateSpace. ISBN 9781484801949.
- Spawn of Dark Dreams: An Interview with Gary Myers, by Jason Thompson at Lovecraft eZine
- Review of Dark Wisdom at Publishers Weekly
- Gary Myers at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database