|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Gary Stephens is an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1960s, '70s and '80s, and coach of the 1980s and '90s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, England, and Yorkshire, and at club level for Castleford, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, Wigan, Warrington, Leigh, Halifax, and York, as a Scrum-half/Halfback, i.e. number 7, and coaching at club level for Ryedale-York.
Gary Stephens won a cap for England while at Castleford in 1979 against Wales, and won caps for Great Britain while at Castleford in 1979 against Australia (3 matches), and New Zealand (2 matches).
Gary Stephens won caps playing Scrum-half/Halfback for Yorkshire while at Castleford in the 17-7 victory over Lancashire at Wigan's stadium on 20 December 1975, the 12-12 draw with Cumberland at Whitehaven's stadium on 15 February 1977, scoring 1-try in the 18-15 victory over Lancashire at Castleford's stadium on 1 March 1977, the 7-23 defeat by Lancashire at Widnes' stadium on 27 September 1978, and the 16-19 defeat by Lancashire at Castleford's stadium on 12 September 1979.
- "Player Profile - Gary Stephens". yesterdayshero.com.au. SmartPack International Pty Ltd. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Statistics at thecastlefordtigers.co.uk". thecastlefordtigers.co.uk ℅ web.archive.org. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Player statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Coach statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Profile at thecastlefordtigers.co.uk
- Profile at wigan.rlfans.com