|Founded||27 January 2010|
|Headquarters||Victoria, British Columbia, Canada|
|Key people||David Baumgart (Co-Founder)
Dan Jacobsen (Co-Founder)
Nicholas Vining (Co-Founder)
Gaslamp Games, Inc. is a small, independent software development company based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada currently designing video games for the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems.
Nicholas Vining, Gaslamp's technical director, has been involved in the game industry since the age of sixteen, when he got his Linux gaming start working for Loki Software. Since then, he has contributed to games developed by Piranha Games, 3000AD Inc., Destineer Studios, and TimeGate Studios. He has also written for Game Developer Magazine, and is listed as a contributor to the OpenGL Rendering API specification. He has also worked with prolific coder Ryan C. Gordon on various open source and Linux-related projects.
David Baumgart, Gaslamp's art director, has previously worked as a contractor specialising in 2-D artwork for video games. His list of credited titles includes work for Niels Bauer Games, Hexwar Games, Data Spire, and Tactic Studios. He also created the logo for the FatELF project.
Daniel Jacobsen, Gaslamp's CEO, co-founded the company while working on his undergraduate in physics at the University of Victoria, and their first release, Dungeons of Dredmor, was his first commercial video game project. In addition to programming and company management, he has also lectured with Nicholas Vining at the University of Victoria on game design, and contributes actively to Australian National University's SkyMapper project.
Their first project, Dungeons of Dredmor, was released on 13 July 2011. Dungeons of Dredmor is a Rogue-inspired dungeon crawler which embraces procedural content generation. On 27 August 2012, Gaslamp officially announced development on their second game, Clockwork Empires, which will be released "early 2014".
- Gaslamp Games official site
- Coming Soon: Dungeons of Dredmor LinuxGames, October 24th, 2010 (Article by Dustin Reyes)
- Classic Roguelike : Dungeons of Dredmor Is Coming To GNU/Linux Soon Linux Gaming News, July 19, 2010 (Article by Maxim Bardin)
- FatELF: Universal Binaries for Linux.
- Dungeons of Dredmor Trailer #4 LinuxGames, January 11, 2011 (Article by Dustin Reyes)
- Dungeons of Dredmor Gameplay Trailers, Release Date GameBanshee, January 10, 2011
- Dungeons of Dredmor at the Linux Game Database