|• Mayor||Y. Zerbone|
|• Land1||24.74 km2 (9.55 sq mi)|
|• Population2 Density||120/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||83065 / 83580|
|Elevation||0–324 m (0–1,063 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
It is located right next to Saint-Tropez. Perched high up on a rock, it is less than 4 km (2.5 mi) from the sea. Many Tropezian tourists attracted by a more affordable life prefer to stay in Gassin and enjoy the same kind of "Cote d'Azur" life.
- The ramparts (protecting walls that surround the city)
- The rectory
- The chapel Notre Dame de la Compassion
- Emmanuelle Béart, French actress.
- Sarah Biasini, French actress, daughter of Romy Schneider
- Inès de la Fressange, designer of fashion and perfumes
- David Ginola, ex-footballer and pundit
- Sacha Opinel, ex-footballer
- Varied water sports
- An 18 hole golf course
- The oldest art gallery in the area, Galerie deï Barri
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gassin.|
|This Var geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|