Ramírez with Uruguay in 2014
|Full name||Gastón Ezequiel Ramírez Pereyra|
|Date of birth||2 December 1990|
|Place of birth||Fray Bentos, Uruguay|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
(on loan from Southampton)
|2014–||→ Hull City (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:12, 15 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Gastón Ezequiel Ramírez Pereyra (locally: [ɡahˈton raˈmiɾeh]; born 2 December 1990) is a Uruguayan footballer who plays for Hull City on loan from Southampton and the Uruguay national football team as an attacking midfielder.
Born in Fray Bentos, Ramírez started his senior career in Uruguay with Peñarol, making his professional debut for the club in March 2009. In his second year at Peñarol, Ramírez scored 6 goals in 20 games, helping the club win the 2009–10 Primera División.
In August 2010, Ramírez was sold to Bologna for a fee of €2.5 million. He made his Bologna debut in a 1–1 draw away to Catania on 26 September 2010. Ramírez finished his first season at Bologna with four goals and two assists in 25 league appearances, and scored an additional three goals in two Coppa Italia games.
On 31 August 2012, he joined Southampton for a reported £12m, signing a four-year contract. He made his debut on 15 September in a 6–1 defeat against Arsenal, coming on as a half-time substitute for Steven Davis. He scored his first goal on 29 September 2012, opening the scoring in a 3–1 defeat against Everton. His first home goal came in a 2–0 victory against Newcastle United on 25 November. On 1 January 2013, he scored in a 1–1 draw at home to Arsenal.
On 27 April, Ramírez was sent off for an incident involving West Bromwich Albion's Marc-Antoine Fortuné following an elbow on Shane Long. As a result, he was suspended for the last three matches of the season. On 23 January 2014, it was announced that along with Dejan Lovren, Ramirez would be out for six to eight weeks with ankle ligament damage.
On 1 September 2014, Ramírez was loaned to fellow Premier League club, Hull City. Two weeks later he made his debut at the KC Stadium, replacing fellow debutant Mohamed Diamé for the final 11 minutes of a 2–2 draw against West Ham United.
In July 2012, he was named as a member of the Uruguay squad for the football tournament at the 2012 Summer Olympics. On 15 July, he scored during a warm-up match against Panama. On 26 July, he scored from a free-kick in the game against the United Arab Emirates
In June 2013, Ramírez was picked by Óscar Tabárez for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup tournament. Ramírez started the first Group game against world champions Spain. He also started the third match against Tahiti.
On 31 May 2014, Ramírez was named in Uruguay's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He made his tournament debut in the last group game against Italy on 24 June, replacing Cristian Rodríguez after 78 minutes. Three minutes later, he supplied the cross from which Diego Godín scored the only goal of the game, putting Uruguay through to the knock-out stages.
- As of 15 September 2014.
|Hull City (loan)||2014–15||1||0||0||0||–||1||0|
- "Ramirez, Gaston" (in Italian). Lega Serie A. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "Bologna Squad Archive". Who Scored. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- "Ramírez Completes Saints Switch". Southampton FC. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Gaston Ramirez completes move to Southampton". BBC Sport. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Arsenal 6–1 Southampton" BBC Sport. 15 September 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Everton 3–1 Southampton" BBC Sport. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "Southampton 2–0 Newcastle" BBC Sport. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Southampton 1–1 Arsenal" BBC Sport. 1 January 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Saints 0 – 3 West Brom: Report". Southampton F.C. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Southampton 0 – 3 West Brom". BBC Sport. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Gaston Ramirez and Dejan Lovren out for up to eight weeks" BBC Sport. 23 January 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Transfer deadline day: Hull sign Gaston Ramirez and Mo Diame". BBC Sport. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Hull 2-2 West Ham". BBC Sport. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "World Cup 2014: Luis Suarez named in final Uruguay squad". BBC Sport. 31 May 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Italy 0 Uruguay 1". BBC Sport. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Gaston Ramirez career stats at Soccerbase
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gastón Ramírez.|
- Gastón Ramírez profile at Southampton F.C.
- Gastón Ramírez career stats at Soccerbase
- Player Profile from bolognafc.it (Italian)
- Player Profile from legaseriea.it (Italian)