Gastonia Municipal Airport
|Gastonia Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KAKH – FAA LID: AKH|
|Owner||City of Gastonia|
|Serves||Gastonia, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||798 ft / 243 m|
Gastonia Municipal Airport (ICAO: KAKH, FAA LID: AKH) is a city owned, public use airport located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) south of the central business district of Gastonia, a city in Gaston County, North Carolina, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned AKH by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned AKH to Prince Sultan Air Base in Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia).
Facilities and aircraft
Gastonia Municipal Airport covers an area of 280 acres (113 ha) at an elevation of 798 feet (243 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 3/21 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,770 by 100 feet (1,149 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 26, 2009, the airport had 50,040 aircraft operations, an average of 137 per day: 97.9% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 36 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 19% multi-engine, and 3% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AKH ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Gastonia Municipal Airport, North Carolina (ICAO: KAKH, FAA: AKH)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Prince Sultan AB, Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia (IATA: AKH, ICAO: OEPS)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search (AKH: Prince Sultan AB, Al Kharj)". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Gastonia Municipal Airport, official page
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for AKH, effective February 5, 2015
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|