The Gastroscan is a Russian brand of computer equipment for the diagnostic test of the gastrointestinal tract: an esophageal pH monitoring, an intragastric pH-metry, esophageal motility study, a cutaneous electrogastrography and electrogastroenterography, an impedance-pH monitoring, an antroduodenal, sphincter of Oddi and anorectal manometry and others. The Gastroscan and Гастроскан are Russian registered trademarks of the Joint-Stock Company Research and Production Enterprise "Istok-Sistema" that located in the town of Fryazino, Moscow Oblast.
GastroScan-24 measure the acidity in two or three points of an upper gastrointestinal tract with a frequency of once per second and saves the measured values in the recorder that the patient wears on a belt. pH catheter can be inserted to a patient transnasal or oral.
GastroScan-24 used for registration of gastroesophageal and duodenogastroesophageal reflux (GER, DGER) in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) before and after surgical treatment, peptic ulcer and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Impedance/pH Monitor GastroScan-IAM
The GastroScan-IAM is 24-hour impedance-pH-monitor for the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease, by intraluminal monitoring both impedance and pH. The GastroScan-IAM has three main components:
- ZpH-probe with 11 electodes: 8 impedance and 3 pH. The ZpH-probe is inserted transnasally into the esophagus and stomach. A silver-chloride reference electrode is attached to the skin. A few types of ZpH-probes with different positions of impedance and pH-eleclrodes are available.
- Portable monitoring unit with LED indicator and autonomous power source providing a monitoring cyclogram, measurement of impedance and pH, daily storage of monitoring results, and a test protocol (occurrence of heartburn, food ingestion, drug intake, etc.) on a microSD card.
- A computer with software for storage and processing of test results.
The GastroSсan-GEM is a computer-based instrument designed for short or long (24-h) study of electrical activity of stomach, duodenum, jejunum, ileum and large intestine and/or acidity in gastrointestinal tract.
- "standard" electrogastrography (two recording sessions for 30 minutes: before and after taking of standard portions of food).
- "standard" electrogastroenterography (two recording sessions for 40 minutes) used medical method designed by Viktor Al. Stupin et al.
- 24-h cutaneous electrogastrography and electrogastroenterography.
The GastroScan-GEM used non-invasive method of investigation electrical activity. The signal is processed and displayed on the screen itself a signal, the signal after band-pass filter corresponding to the electrical activity of a digestive tract, the result of his handling of the spectral and wavelet analysis results. According to the study physician evaluates the activity of all digestive tract and consistency of their work. The GastroScan-GEM is intended also for selection of an individual drug therapy and surgery of ulcer disease (pre- and post-operational diagnostics and prevention of motor-evacuator disorders of stomach and intestine).
The GastroScan-5 is a computer-based medical equipment designed to measure the acidity just 5 points in the digestive tract, as well as for diagnostic tests that evaluate the functional state of the upper gastrointestinal tract. The study is carried out for two to three hours, the number of examined patients at the same time can vary from 1 to 5. In the course of diagnosis is determined by the amount and concentration of acid released from human fasting and postprandial effect on acid secretion lifestyle, diet, intake of various drugs. The device helps to clarify the features of the flow of stomach, duodenum, and a host of other diseases. The program provides a display monitor pH-grams for each patient directly during the study. pH-grams are processed, the results are printed and stored in a database.
The GastroScan-D is a computer-based medical device designed to measure the pressure in the digestive tract by means of an 8-channel water-perfusion catheter. For each channel catheter is passed fluid at a rate of 0.5 ml per minute and flows out through openings in the side wall of the catheter. The pressure of the liquid column is transferred to the sensor is measured and displayed on the monitor screen. Pressure measurement is performed in the range from 0 to 225 mmHg with an accuracy of 3 mmHg simultaneously in different parts of the digestive tract, defined outlets (ports) channel catheter. The study is conducted for about 30 minutes. As a result, the monitor can see the wave of reduction of the esophagus, both direct and inverse, to assess the efficiency of the sphincter, reducing the stomach to follow. The GastroScan-D is used to study the sphincter of Oddi, and contractility of colon and rectum too.
- Functional Gastroenterology, website. The diagnostic equipment for functional gastroenterology.
- Trifonov, Mikhail (2003). "Devices and Probes for Intracavitary pH Monitoring". Biomedical Engineering 37 (3): 156–160. doi:10.1023/A:1025871231480.
- Rapoport, SI; Lakshin AA; Rakitin BV; Trifonov MM (2005). Komarov FI, ed. рН-метрия пищевода и желудка при заболеваниях верхних отделов пищеварительного тракта [pH-metry of the Esophagus and Stomach in the Upper Digestive Tract Diseases] (in Russian). Moscow: Medpraktika-M. p. 208. ISBN 5-98803-014-9.
- Functional Gastroenterology, website. Joint-Stock Company Research and Production Enterprise "Istok-Sistema".
- GastroScans in Moscow clinics, GastroScans in Regions of Russia. (Russian)
- Functional Gastroenterology, website. Acidogastromonitor GastroScan®-24.
- Yanova OB; Vasnev OS (April 2011). "Results of 24-h pH monitoring in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease before and after fundoplication". Therapeutic Archives (4). ISSN 1440-1746.
- Abdulganieva D.; Belyanskaya N.; Salikhov I. (21 September 2009). "Evaluation of 24-hour pH-metry in patients with rheumatological diseases taking non-steroidal antiinfammatory drugs". Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (24): A16–A17. doi:10.1111/j.1440-1746.2009.06083_8.x. ISSN 0040-3660.
- Serova AN, Boyarinov GA, Muratov SV, Panteleyev VL. The Influence of Ozonized Solutions on the Oxyntic Function of a Stomach of Patients with Peptic Ulcer of a Bulb of a Duodenal Intestine. Proceedings of the 15th Ozone World Congress. Oral and Poster Presentations. London, UK, 2001.
- Artemiev AS; Ilin IA; Kononenko LV et al (March 2014). "The Gastroscan-IAM Impedance/pH Monitor". Biomedical Engineering (Springer US) 47 (6): 288–292. doi:10.1007/s10527-014-9393-6. ISSN 1573-8256.
- Functional Gastroenterology, website. Gastroenteromonitor GastroScan®-GEM.
- Stern RM; Koch K (2004). Handbook of electrogastrography. Oxford [Oxfordshire]: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-514788-X.
- Smirnova, GO; Siluyanov, SV (2009). VA, Stupin, ed. Периферическая электрогастроэнтерография в клинической практике [Peripheral Electrogastroenterography in Clinical Practice] (in Russian). Moscow: Medpraktika-M. p. 20. ISBN 978-5-98803-169-7.
- Stupin VA; Smirnova, GO; Baglaenko, MV; Siluyanov, SV; Zakirov, DB (2005). "Периферическая электрогастроэнтерография в диагностике нарушений моторно-эвакуаторной функции желудочно-кишечного тракта" [Peripheral Electrogastroenterography in the Diagnosis of Disorders of Motor-evacuation Function of the Gastrointestinal Tract]. Лечащий Врач [The Practitioner]) (in Russian) (2): 60–62. ISSN 1560-5175.
- Kosenko P.M.; Vavrinchuk S.A. (2013). Electrogastroenterography in patients with complicated peptic ulcer disease. Yelm, WA, USA: Science Book Publishing House. p. 142. ISBN 978-1-62174-026-1.
- Functional Gastroenterology, website. Acidogastrometer GastroScan®-5.
- Functional Gastroenterology, website. Gastromanometer GastroScan®-D.
- Bordin, DS; Valitova, ER (2009). Lazebnik, LB, ed. Методика проведения и клиническое значение манометрии пищевода (Методические рекомендации № 50) [Methodology and clinical significance of esophageal manometry (Guidelines number 50)] (in Russian). Moscow: Medpraktika-M. p. 24. ISBN 978-5-98803-172-7.
- Storonova, OA; Trukhmanov, AS (2011). Ivashkin, VT, ed. Методика изучения двигательной функции пищевода [The method of studying esophageal motor function] (in Russian). Moscow: Medpraktika-M. p. 36. ISBN 978-5-98803-236-6.