From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A gate is an opening in a wall or fence fitted with a moveable barrier allowing it to be closed.
Gate or GATE may also refer to:
- Gate (transistor), terminal of a field effect transistor
- Logic gate, a functional building block in digital logic such as "and", "or", or "not"
- Noise gate, a high-quality audio squelch control for reducing noise
- Range gate, the area encompassed by one pixel of radar data
- Gate valve, a valve that opens by lifting a wedge out of the path of the fluid
- Gate (engineering) a movable structure used to control the flow of fluid in a pipe or channel
- Gate (water transport), the watertight door that seals off a chamber of a lock
- Gate, a sprue molding channel which carries molten metal into a mold
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, an entrance examination for admission to postgraduate courses in India
Media and entertainment
- Gate (solitaire), a solitaire card game
- Gate (Mega Man), a character in the video game Mega Man X6
- Gåte, a Norwegian band
- GATE, a fictional company Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell works for in season 4 of the TV series Prison Break
- Gate: Jieitai Kano Chi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri, novel series by Takumi Yanai
- Gate, a dome from the video game Super Mario Galaxy
- Gay Alliance Toward Equality, one of the first Canadian gay liberation groups
- Grupo de Ações Táticas Especiais (Portuguese for "Special Tactical Actions Group"), a Brazilian police special forces squad
- Gate Petroleum, a U.S. gas station franchise founded in Jacksonville, Florida
- Gate Studios, a British film studio in operation from 1928 to the early 1950s
Science and technology
- Gate (cytometry), a set of limits for data from a cytometer
- GARP Atlantic Tropical Experiment, a 1974 study under the Global Atmospheric Research Programme
- General Architecture for Text Engineering, a human language processing system
- Film gate, the opening in the front of a motion picture camera
- Gate (airport), a specified location for boarding or leaving an aircraft in an airport
- Gifted education, or gifted and talented education
- Gate, a rowing term for the hinged bar that prevents the oar from coming out
- Grammy, Academy, Tony, and Emmy Awards; see List of people who have won Academy, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony Awards
- Floodgate, an adjustable gate used to control water flow in flood barriers, lake, river, stream, or levee systems
- All pages beginning with "gate"
- All pages with titles containing "gate"
- "-gate", common suffix for a public scandal
- -gate, a part of a city in England near the historic location of a gate in the city walls, such as Moorgate in London
- -gate, certain street names in northern England, for example Micklegate in York
- Gates (disambiguation)
- The Gate (disambiguation)
- Gating (disambiguation)
- Báb, which means "Gate" and is the title taken by the founder of Bábism
- Gait, pattern of movement of limbs
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gate.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.