From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gating may refer to:
- Gating (electrophysiology), the opening (activation) or closing (deactivation) of ion channels
- Sensory gating, an automatic process by which the brain adjusts to stimuli
- Synaptic gating, neural circuits suppressing inputs through synapses
- Clock gating, a power-saving techniques used in synchronous circuits
- Power gating, a power-saving technique for circuits
- Gating (telecommunication), a process of selectively modifying signals
- Noise gate, a term in audio signal processing
- Frequency-resolved optical gating, a term related to autocorrelation in optics
- Gating signal, a signal that provides a time window
- Gating system metalwork, a process in casting
- gating (punishment), a form of punishment used in educational establishments
and see also
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gating.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.