Gatlinburg–Pigeon Forge Airport
|Gatlinburg–Pigeon Forge Airport|
|IATA: GKT – ICAO: KGKT – FAA LID: GKT|
|Serves||Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge|
|Elevation AMSL||1,014 ft / 309 m|
|Sources: Tennessee DOT, FAA|
Gatlinburg–Pigeon Forge Airport (IATA: GKT, ICAO: KGKT, FAA LID: GKT) is a county-owned public-use airport in Sevier County, Tennessee, United States. It is located two nautical miles (3.7 km) southeast of the central business district of Sevierville, Tennessee. The airport is also north of the cities of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.
Facilities and aircraft
Gatlinburg–Pigeon Forge Airport covers an area of 110 acres (45 ha) at an elevation of 1,014 feet (309 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,506 by 75 feet (1,678 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 30, 2008, the airport had 70,780 aircraft operations, an average of 193 per day: 92% general aviation, 7% air taxi and 1% military. At that time there were 102 aircraft based at this airport: 77% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, 7% jet and 2% helicopter.
- "Gatlinburg–Pigeon Forge Airport". Airport Directory. Tennessee DOT. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GKT ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Aerial photo as of 16 March 1992 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GKT, effective July 24, 2014
- Resources for this airport: