|• Total||21.53 km2 (8.31 sq mi)|
|Time zone||Nepal Time (UTC+5:45)|
Gaur is the headquarters of Rautahat district in Narayani zone, Nepal. The former Prime Minister of Nepal Madhav Kumar Nepal is a resident. Gaur is on the border with Bairgania, India with a border crossing and customs checkpoint.
To Promote local culture Gaur has four Community radio Stations. They are
- Radio Rajdevi F.M.- 93.2MHz
- Radio Border - 94.2MHz
- Radio Sanskriti - 98.2MHz
- Rautahat FM - 90.8MHz.
Gaur also has a movie hall namely Shanta Chalchitra Bhawan.
The Education delivery status of this city is not influential enough.However some institutions are contributing at satisfactory level.Following are the few educational institutions of the town:
- Loreto Secondary English Boarding School
- Shree Juddha Madhyamic Vidhyalaya
- Prabhat Boarding School
- Lumbini English Boarding School
- Janak English Boarding school
- Satya Sishu Niketan
- G. Star Academy
- International Bal Academy
- G.N.S. English Boarding School
- Krishna Mercy English Boarding School
Transport and Communication
Nepal Telecom and Ncell have good network coverage. Ncell has a 3G network since a long time here. Other cellular network available are UTL Nepal , Smart Cell . Indian network providers such as BSNL and MTS's network is available too. ISPs like Worldlink, UTL Nepal and Nepal Telecom is available.
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|