|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Gaura Barhaj is a city and a municipal board in Deoria district in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Barhaj is a town which is situated at bank of holy Saryu (Ghaghra) River in District Deoria, U.P. Sona mandir is a famous temple in Barhaj. It is situated on the bank of Ghaghra river. It was the work place of Baba Raghav Das, a saint.
As of 2001[update] India census, Gaura Barhaj had a population of 35,279. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Gaura Barhaj has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 65%, and female literacy is 47%. In Gaura Barhaj, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Educational institutes in Barhaj, Deoria
There are four Intermediate colleges and three Degree colleges in Barhaj.
- Vatappi inter college Rampurgarh,Deoria
- Shri Krishna Intermediate College, Barhaj; Deoria
- Baba Raghav Das Bhagawan Das PG College, Ashram, Barhaj, Deoria
- Baba Gya Das Intermediate College, Barhaj, Deoria
- Harsh Chand Intermediate College, Barhaj, Deoria
- Nil Kanth Intermediate College Bara Dixit Deoria
- Thakur Village Khori, Barhaj, Deoria
- Sonari intermediate college, sonari,deoria.
- Mission school, station road, barhaj bazar, deoria.
- Shrutikriti baudh kanya mahavidyalaya,jaynagar, Barhaj, Deoria
- Aikawa Computer Education,Barhaj,Deoria
- Nikhil Sewa Samiti Barhaj, Deoria
- Sarojni Kanya Ucchatar Madhyamik Vidyalaya,Barhaj,Deoria
- Kisan intermediate college karjahaan deoria
- Mangal Tara Valika Vidyakay Pipara kot Barahaj Deoria
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Deoria district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|