The Gauss Tower is a reinforced concrete observation tower on the summit of the High Hagens in Dransfeld, Germany. The tower can be reached directly by car. A restaurant with a panoramic view is located inside the tower.
From 1909 to 1963, there had already been a Gaussturm nearby. It broke when a quarry was expanded too far in the 1950s.
- Construction period: 11 months
- Completion: September 1964
- Viewing platform: 528 m over NN
- Tower height: 51 m
- Foundation: 6 m deep, with a diameter of 13 m.
- Diameter of tower shaft: 5 m
- 1st platform: 18 m (at a value of 14,5 m)
- Top platform: 13 m
- Elevator capacity: Maximum 8 persons
- Travel time: 55 seconds
- Emergency stairway: 225 steps, leading from the viewing platform to the entrance and/or the cellar