Gautam Buddha Airport
|Gautam Buddha Airport
|IATA: BWA – ICAO: VNBW
|Elevation AMSL||358 ft / 109 m|
Gautam Buddha Airport (IATA: BWA, ICAO: VNBW), also known as Bhairahawa Airport, is an airport serving Bhairahawa (or Bhairawa), a municipality of the Rupandehi district in the Lumbini zone in Nepal. Rabin Sharma served as the chief of the airport until 2008.
The Airport will be upgraded into an international airport by 2017. It is planned to have a 3,000-m runway and have six international parking bays. The project will be financed by a loan and grant aid of $42.96 million and $12.75 million, respectively, from the Asian Development Bank 
Airlines and destinations
|Agni Air||Kathmandu |
|Buddha Air||Kathmandu |
|Gorkha Airlines||Kathmandu |
|Yeti Airlines||Kathmandu |
- Airport information for VNBW from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for Bhairawa, Nepal - Gautam Buddha Airport (VNBW / BWA) at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "Flying Schedule". Agni Air. Retrieved 8 June 2010.
- "Flight schedule". Buddha Air. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Destinations". Gorkha Airlines. Retrieved 8 June 2010.[dead link]
- "Scheduled flights". Yeti Airlines. Retrieved 6 June 2010.