Gavin Grant (footballer)
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (July 2010)|
|Full name||Gavin Renaldo Grant|
|Date of birth||27 March 1984|
|Place of birth||Brent, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Winger, Striker|
|2005||Tooting & Mitcham||16||(10)|
|2007||→ Grays Athletic (loan)||7||(3)|
|2007–2008||→ Grays Athletic (loan)||16||(2)|
|2008||→ Stevenage Borough (loan)||14||(7)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
He was then loaned out to Grays Athletic at the end of the 2006–07 season, scoring four times in 10 appearances in all competitions. During this time, he was under investigation for a killing related to the murder of which he was subsequently convicted, and the loan deal was cut short due to Grant breaking his curfew and being arrested again. He was later acquitted on those charges.
Grant secured another loan deal, this time season-long to Grays on 24 August 2007, however it was cut short and he returned to the Lions in January 2008. He then joined Stevenage Borough on loan in February 2008.
Grant was released by Millwall at the end of the 2007–08 season, and was signed by new Wycombe Wanderers boss Peter Taylor on a two-year contract. He was signed again by Taylor, by that time at Bradford City, on a non-contract basis on 26 February 2010.
Grant was accused of killing Jahmall Moore in 2005, but was cleared of murder in 2007. However, on 23 July 2010, Grant was found guilty, along with Gareth Downie, of killing 21-year-old Leon Labastide in May 2004. The courts heard that both incidents were part of "tit-for-tat" shootings in the Stonebridge Park estate in Harlesden. He received a life sentence, subject to a minimum of 25 years in prison.
- "Search 1761 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Former Millwall striker Gavin Grant jailed for murder". BBC News. 26 July 2010. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Grant to sign for Blues". Wycombe Wanderers F.C. 18 June 2006. Retrieved 22 June 2007.
- "Former Millwall striker Gavin Grant guilty of murder". BBC Sport. 23 July 2010. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Footballer gunned down rival". Kilburn Times. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- Gavin Grant career stats at Soccerbase
- IC Southlondon report of Gavin Grant being charged with the Murder of Jahmall Moore
- IC Southlondon report of Gavin Grant being remand in custody for the Murder of Jahmall Moore
- IC Southlondon report of The Jahmall Moore Murder Trial
- Wycombe Wanderers profile
- Millwall profile