|Full name||Gavin Jude Gunning|
|Date of birth||26 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|Current club||Dundee United|
|2000–2004||St. Joseph's Boys|
|2009||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||6||(0)|
|2010||→ Rotherham United (loan)||24||(0)|
|2010||→ Bury (loan)||2||(0)|
|2011||→ Motherwell (loan)||14||(0)|
|Republic of Ireland U17|
|Republic of Ireland U19|
|2009–2012||Republic of Ireland U21||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 March 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Gavin Jude Gunning (born 29 January 1991) is an Irish footballer who plays for Dundee United in the Scottish Premiership. Gunning attended St. Benildus College in Kilmacud and is also a former Gaelic football player, representing Naomh Ólaf and Kilmacud Crokes.
After starting his career at Irish sides Ballyogan Celtic, St. Joseph Boys and Crumlin United as a youth player, he joined Blackburn Rovers on a free transfer in January 2006 beating several clubs to his signature. He was given the number 29 shirt by Rovers manager Sam Allardyce for the 2009–10 season.
On 6 August 2009, he was loaned out to Tranmere Rovers on a one-month loan, making six league appearances while at the club. On 22 January 2010, he followed this up with a second loan spell in that season when he joined Rotherham United on an initial one-month emergency loan.
On 28 January 2011, Gunning joined Motherwell on loan until the end of the season. He started the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic and struck a terrific long-range shot in the 35th minute which bounced off the crossbar. Celtic won the match 3–0.
On 12 August 2011, Gunning joined Dundee United on a 3-year contract. On 4 September 2013, Gunning was offered a three-match ban by the SFA after an incident involving Celtic's Virgil van Dijk, where he was alleged to have kicked out at his opponent. Dundee United appealed against the ban, but this was rejected by the SFA's judicial panel.
Having represented the Republic of Ireland at under-19 level, Gunning made his under-21 debut against Georgia in a 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship qualification match on 9 October 2009.
- As of 1 March 2014
|Tranmere Rovers (loan)||2009–10||6||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||0|
|Rotherham United (loan)||2009–10||21||0||0||0||0||0||3||0||24||0|
- "List of Temporary Transfers of Players under Written Contract Between 01/11/2010 and 30/11/2010" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- Gavin Gunning | Blackburn Rovers | Team | 1st Team Profiles
- "Tranmere snap up defender Gunning". BBC Sport. 6 August 2009. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Millers land Gunning on loan". Sky Sports. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Rover Gunning in". Bury FC. 12 November 2010. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
- "Bury extend loan spell of Blackburn's Gavin Gunning". BBC Sport. 16 December 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2010.
- "Motherwell sign Gunning and extend Humphrey contract". BBC Sport. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- "Motherwell 0 – 3 Celtic". BBC Sport. 21 May 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2011.
- "Terrors confirm Gunning deal". Sky Sports. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "Dundee Utd: Gavin Gunning faces SFA hearing over alleged kick". BBC Sport. 4 September 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Dundee United's Gavin Gunning receives three-match ban". BBC Sport. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- Gavin Gunning – U21 Squad, UEFA.com