|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|First issue||January 2010|
Gaylaxy was founded by Sukhdeep Singh in 2010, a then eighth semester B.Tech student at the Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad. Singh is the current editor-in-chief. The initial team consisted mostly of the editor's close friends and contacts. The first issue was published in January 2010.
Publication and content
The magazine has covered a wide variety of issues pertaining to LGBT in India.
The content is generally made up of
- A cover story highlighting in detail various LGBT issues in the country.
- LGBT news from India and around the world, details of film festivals, pride festivals, interviews.
- Relationship advice, movie reviews, literature, fiction and poems sent in by readers, sexual health and safety, and tarot readings.
- Personal articles sent by people about their opinions, lives and coming out.
Each issue of Gaylaxy also carries a list of NGOs across India working for LGBT issues with their contact details.
The magazine also publishes regular news articles on its websites about LGBT events in India.
- Shruti Nambiar, "E-zine Expressway", The Indian Express, 16 November 2011
- Anna Leach, "Indian T-shirt brand apologies for gay rape joke", Gay Star News, 25 April 2013