|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2011)|
|Initial release||August 22, 2007|
|Stable release||2.06 / November 7, 2011|
|Written in||C# (Mono)|
|Type||Personal computer game|
|License||GNU General Public License|
gbrainy is a brain teaser game for GNOME designed for use in education. It is licensed under the GNU GPL. The game was written in C# and has since been ported to the Sugar graphical environment, to Microsoft Windows, and there is also an on-line web version.
Specifically, it contains the following:
- Logic puzzles - games designed to challenge reasoning and thinking skills
- Mental calculation - games based on arithmetical operations designed to improve mental calculation skills
- Memory trainers - games designed to challenge short term memory
- Verbal analogies - games that challenge your verbal aptitude
- "gBrainy: un entrenador mental en GNU/Linux" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- de Icaza, Miguel. "Mono on the OLPC".
|This GNOME-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|