Geefwee Boedoe is an animator and illustrator. He won the 2004 Reuben Award for Book Illustration from the National Cartoonists Society. His animated short film Let's Pollute has been nominated for an Academy Award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Geefwee Boedoe, sometimes credited as Gee Fwee Boedoe, first worked as an animator for Disney and Pixar, collaborating on movies like Monsters, Inc., where he did the main title design, Finding Nemo, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Beauty and the Beast. Some of his work was shown in a travelling Pixar exposition, and in the book "The Art of Finding Nemo".
He wrote and illustrated his first book, Arrowville, published by Laura Geringer and HarperCollins, in 2004. It is a book for 4- to 8-year olds in the vein of Dr. Seuss. The book was selected as one of the 10 best illustrated children's books of 2004 by the New York Times Book Review, and won Boedoe the Reuben for Book Illustration.
- Exhibition review in RealTime Arts #81
- Book review at Animation World Magazine
- Book info from Powell's Books
- New York Times list of 10 best illustrated children's books
- National Cartoonists Society list of winners of the Book Illustration Award
- "Oscar Short Film (Animated)". The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences & ABC. Retrieved 2011-01-25.
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|