|Born||June 7, 1964|
|Alma mater||University of Oslo|
Geir Lippestad (born 7 June 1964) is a Norwegian lawyer and head of the law firm Lippestad. He was defence counsel in the high profile criminal case following the 2001 murder of Benjamin Hermansen and was the lead counsel for the perpetrator of the 2011 Norway attacks, Anders Behring Breivik.
Education and cases
In July 2011, he was appointed as defence counsel for Anders Behring Breivik, the perpetrator of the 2011 Norway attacks. His co-lead counsel is Vibeke Hein Bæra, and they are assisted by two assistant counsels, all of whom are employed at his law firm.
Geir Lippestad is married and has eight children. Two of the children have disabilities and one of them, 16-year-old Rebekka, was critically ill early in 2012, in the midst of Lippestad's preparations for the Breivik trial. She pulled through the crisis which also coincided with Lippestad's wife giving birth to a baby girl, Mille Madicken. Rebekka died on June 14, 2013. Before the trial Lippestad told the French newspaper Le Monde: "I feel I have lost my soul in this case [...] I hope to get it back once it's over – and that it will be in the same condition as before." 
- "Cand. jur. – Oslo" (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 1991-02-02. "Ferdige cand.jur. høsten 1990 ved Universitetet i Oslo: Til sammen 163 har avlagt juridisk embetseksamen ved Universitetet i Oslo høstsemesteret 1990. [...] Geir Lippestad"
- "Geir Lippestad forsvarer terrorsiktet". Aftenposten. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Norway killer's lawyer Geir Lippestad defended neo-Nazi". The Telegraph. 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Geir Lippestad, defender of Norway's 'indefensible' gunman". Montrealgazette.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Norway mourns victims of anti-Islam "Crusader"". Ca.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- Winger, Alexander (2011-07-23). "Massemorderens advokat: I hans hode var det nødvendig". Nettavisen. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "The ordeal of defending Norway's mass killer". Reuters. March 26, 2012. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- "Breivik erkjenner massedrap". NRK. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Landsstyrets medlemmer". Youth For Understanding. 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- Herrmann, Gunnar (27 July 2011). "Verteidiger Lippestad – eine seltsame Wahl". Süddeutschen Zeitung (online) (in German). Retrieved 2011-07-30.