|• Pinyin||Yún Nán|
Yunnan is a sub-zone of Jurong.
- 1 Politics
- 2 Housing
- 3 Places of worship
- 4 Security
- 5 Education
- 6 Recreation
- 7 Community clubs
- 8 Commercial areas
- 9 Transportation
- 10 Neighbouring areas
- 11 References
- 12 External links
- The West portion of the sub-zone is referred to as Nanyang (part of Chua Chu Kang constituency).
- The East portion of the sub-zone is referred to as Gek Poh (part of Hong Kah North constituency).
Both constituencies and the HDB estates in them are managed by Chua Chu Kang Town Council.
- The South portion of the sub-zone is referred to as Pioneer (part of Pioneer constituency).
The estate (986A–990C) in this constituency is managed by West Coast Town Council.
There are a total of 219 housing blocks and 747 landed houses in this sub-zone. Of the 219 housing blocks, 203 are public apartments, 13 are blocks of private housing and 3 are hostel blocks.
HDB estates at N7
|73||732–739||8||The blocks in this estate each have a colour theme of its own.|
|73||Gek Poh Ville||743–751||9||Named after "Gek Poh Road", a street that existed before N6 (670A–674B) was developed.|
|74/75||763–766||4||This is the town centre for "Gek Poh" (part of Hong Kah North constituency)|
HDB estates at N8
HDB estates at N9
|91||902–911||10||This is the Western-most HDB estate in Singapore.|
|91||Nanyang Emerald||912–926, 928–932||20|
|91||959–966||8||This is the town centre for Nanyang Constituency.|
|93||986A–986C, 987A–987D, 988A–988C, 989A–989D, 990A–990C||17|
|Avenue 5||Westwood Park||176||Landed|
|81/Avenue 5||The Floravale||218, 220/2/6/8, 230/2/4/6, 240/2/4/6||13||Apartment|
|Westwood Avenue||The Woods||93||Landed (under construction)|
|Ave 5/Jalan Bahar||15/17/19||3||Student hostel|
Places of worship
- Jin Fu Gong Temple is at Street 92.
- City Harvest Church is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Victory Family Centre is at Street 74.
- The Jurong Police Division Headquarters is located at the junction of Avenue 5 and Jalan Bahar. It also houses the Nanyang Neighbourhood Police Centre as well.
- The Nanyang Extended Police Post is located within the Nanyang Community Centre, at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer North.
There are 7 education institutions in this sub-zone, namely
- The Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre is located at the south portion of the sub-zone, along Street 93 and Pioneer Road North.
- There are 2 parks in this sub-zone; Yunnan Park at Street 93 and Jurong West Park at Street 81.
- There are 6 community-use sites across the sub-zone, located along Street 91, Avenue 4 and Westwood Avenue.
- There are 3 Wireless hotspots in this sub-zone, at Gek Poh Shopping Centre and the 2 community clubs here.
There are 2 community clubs in this sub-zone.
- Nanyang Community Club is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Gek Poh Vile Community Club is at the junction of Street 75 and 74.
- There are 2 commercial areas in this sub-zone, at Street 91 and at Gek Poh Shopping Centre (along Street 75).
- Both areas each feature a supermarket managed by Prime Group International.
- There are clustered retail shops offering postal, banking, dining, baking, marketing, dental, medical, D.I.Y, education and fashion services, and franchised convenience stores such as 7-Eleven, Guardian and Watson.
- A restaurant serving high-quality dining can be found in 962A Multi-storey carpark at Street 91
- Franchised outlets of well-known food chains, such as Subway, can be found at Gek Poh Shopping Centre.
- Night markets and flee markets are often set up at these areas and occasionally along Street 72 and Avenue 5.
There are 4 main roads in this sub-zone, namely:
- Jalan Bahar
- connects to PIE exit 36
- Jurong West Avenue 4/2
- connects to PIE exit 34
- Pioneer Road North
- connects to PIE exit 38 and AYE exit 18
- Upper Jurong Road/Boon Lay Way
These main roads branch out to several minor roads (Streets and Avenues) in the sub-zone.
Feeder bus services
- There are currently 3 feeder bus services in this sub-zone, namely
- These services connect the sub-zone's neighborhoods to the rail network. It takes around 10 minutes to commute on these services to get to Boon Lay or Pioneer MRT station from the sub-zone's most distant neighborhoods.
Trunk bus services
There are currently 4 trunk bus services in this sub-zone, namely
Special bus services
- Comfortdelgro Bus Service 651 provides direct connection for commuters to get to and from neighborhoods 7 and 8 and the city.
Night bus services
operated by SMRT
operated by SBS Transit
||Western Water Catchment|
|Kian Teck||Jurong West Central||Boon Lay|
- Chua Chu Kang Town Council
- Blocks 959 - 966 Jurong West Street 92 on HDB Infoweb
- Neighbourhood Complex : Block 762 Jurong West Street 75 on HDB Infoweb
- Nanyang Constituency Website
- Gek Poh Ville Website