From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Gel, gel, gelation, gels, or hydrogel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A gel is a complex solid but fluid substance with liquid-like properties.
Gel may also refer to:
- Hair gel, a gel used for setting hair styles
- Shower gel, a cosmetic body wash
- Personal lubricant used for sex purposes
- Hair coloring gel, a form of hair dye
Pharmaceutics and physical chemistry
- Gel capsule (gel cap), a gelatinous capsule in which a drug is held
- Sol-gel, a colloidal suspension that can be gelled to form a solid
- Hydrogel or Aquagel, a water-insoluble polymer
- Xerogel, a dried gel that, when heated, becomes a dense glass
- Aerogel, a gel that has been dehydrated under supercritical conditions such that the liquid has been replaced with gas
- Gel electrophoresis, the separation of deoxyribonucleic acid, ribonucleic acid, and protein through an electric charge
- Gel extraction, a technique used to isolate a fragment of intact DNA
- Gel filtration chromatography, where gel spheres with varying matrix sizes are used to separate proteins in solution with water
- Gel permeation chromatography, as above, but the proteins are in solution with an organic solvent
- Color gel, a transparent colored material used to shade stage lighting
- Gel, a fictional character from The Tribe (1999–2003) played by Vicky Rodewyk
- Gel, an enemy from The Legend of Zelda series
- "Gel" (song), a 1995 song by Collective Soul
- Gel bracelets, wristband similar to a large diameter O-ring
- Gel pen, gel-inked ballpoint pens
- Gel conference GEL, or Good Experience Live
- GEL, Georgian Lari, official currency in Georgia
- Gël, a city in Armenia, now called Lichk
- Gel battery is a rechargeable valve regulated lead-acid battery with a gelified electrolyte
- Silica gel, a granular, porous form of silica made synthetically from sodium silicate
- Opal, a mineraloid gel often used as a gemstone
- Gel (dessert), a dessert made with sweetened and flavored gelatin
- All pages beginning with "gel"
- All pages with titles containing "gel"
- Gelling agent
- Jelly (disambiguation)
- Geld (disambiguation)
- GEL (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.