Gelting is a municipality in the district of Schleswig-Flensburg, in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It is situated near the Baltic Sea, approx. 33 km northeast of Schleswig, and 30 km east of Flensburg.
Gelting is part of the Amt ("collective municipality") Geltinger Bucht.
Shield or Coat of Arms
St. Katharinen in Gelting, Schleswig Holstein
Heraldic Description:: „The coat of arms is blue under a radiant golden half sun a golden plow with a silver ploughshare.“
- Detlev von Ahlefeldt (1612–1686), Military officer, War Commissioner for the Danish King
- Seneca Freiherr von Gelting (1715-1786), regional landowner
- Hermann Bendix Todsen (1864–1946), Mayor of Flensburg
- Herbert Kortum (1907–1979), Scientist; computer scientist and DDR computer pioneer
- Vera Dietz Motika(1936- ) singer and performer; emigrated to Columbus, Ohio, USA. By the act of emigration, she gave up all chance to obtain a European title.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gelting.