From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gem in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gem generally refers to a gemstone, a cut rock or mineral.
Gem may also refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- 'The Gem', an early 20th-century British story paper
- Gem, a fictional female character in Tron: Legacy
- "Gem", the twelfth episode of The Inside; see List of The Inside episodes
- G.E.M., a pop singer from Hong Kong
- Gem (band), an indie rock group from the Netherlands
- "The Gem", a song by Priestess from the album Prior to the Fire
- GEM (girl group), a Japanese idol pop group formed by Avex Trax.
- Gem, a package format of the RubyGems package manager for the Ruby programming language library
- Gem, a codename (intended for use internally) for the PlayStation Move controller
- GEM, Graphical Environment Manager, an operating system
- gem, Graphics Execution Manager, a memory management program for graphics chipsets
- GEM, Generic Model for Communications and Control Of Manufacturing Equipment, a communication protocol used in the semiconductor industry, also referred to as SECS/GEM
- Gem, California, a former settlement in the United States
- Gem, Indiana, a small town in the United States
- Gem, Kansas, a small town in the United States
- Gem (moth), a moth of the family Geometridae
- Gas Electron Multiplier, a type of particle detector used in experimental particle physics
- GEM, Gyrokinetic ElectroMagnetic, A gyrokinetic turbulence simulation for studying magnetic fusion
- USS Gem (SP-41), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1919
- USS Gem of the Sea (1861), a United States Navy bark in commission from 1861 to 1865
- Rolls-Royce Gem, a helicopter engine made by Rolls-Royce
- Gem 4/4, an electro-diesel locomotive class of Rhaetian Railway, Switzerland
- The "Gem" paper clip design, of which most paper clips are variations
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.