The Population centres from Gemert are Handel, De Mortel and Elsendorp. Gemert also have a little chapel village called Esdonk and a Protestant mining village called Vossenberg.
Notable people born in Gemert
Places of interest
Castle and Castle Park
The construction of the castle began in 1391. Till 1794 the castle was used by the German Order. In 1916 the castle was used as a mission monastic. The castle has a Castle Park in English style. In the park there is also the liberation monument from World War II.
Het Boerenbondsmuseum is the only museum in Gemert. In this museum there are some objects and some buildings about the farmerpopulation near Gemert around 1900.
Gemert has two churches:
- De Kerk van Sint-Jans Onthoofding.
- Sint-Gerardus Majellakerk.
Gemert has also one monastery:
- Klooster Nazareth.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Gemert". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
- The official site of the municipality (Dutch)
|This North Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|