||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (August 2014)|
|Born||Gemma Louise Atkinson
16 November 1984 
Bury, Greater Manchester, England
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Dress size||10 (UK)|
Originally from Bury, Greater Manchester, Atkinson took her GCSEs at Castlebrook High School before becoming a commercial and photographic model. Atkinson has dated Cristiano Ronaldo and was engaged to Marcus Bent but they have since split up 
Atkinson was in a relationship with martial arts instructor Liam Richards. The two separated in 2013.
She is now in a relationship with former rugby player Olly Foster who is a personal trainer.
Atkinson rose to fame playing Lisa Hunter on the Channel 4 teenage soap opera Hollyoaks. Atkinson and Marcus Patric (who played the character Ben Davies) subsequently appeared in a "spin-off" series called Hollyoaks: Let Loose for E4, in which their characters started a new life together in Chester. This was followed by Hollyoaks: In the City, also screened on E4.
Atkinson made her debut video game appearance in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (2008) in the role of Lt. Eva McKenna, which she reprised in Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising (2009). She also took part in EA's "Be The One" event in Trafalgar Square on 29 October 2008, which forms part of the London Games Festival.
Other TV roles included appearing as herself in the pilot for Plus One, part of the pilot series Comedy Showcase in October 2009. In early April 2009 she finished filming for an episode of The Bill. She plays Ria Crossley, the girlfriend of a drug dealer.
In film, Atkinson has appeared in the British independent film Boogie Woogie, which premiered at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in June 2009. She has done filming for a forthcoming horror film called 13Hrs in February 2009 and a new UK gangster film called Baseline in March 2009.
Atkinson also went on tour with Calendar Girls, she played Celia aka Miss September in the production. The January to April 2010 tour of Calendar Girls also starred Lynda Bellingham, Judith Barker, Debbie Chazen, Letitia Dean and Jan Harvey.
In 2010 she appeared in the film The Sweet Shop, a romantic comedy about a Hollywood superstar and a small town sweetshop owner.
She finished filming in December 2010 on the romantic comedy How to Stop Being a Loser with Richard E. Grant, Jill Halfpenny and Pamela Anderson produced by 'Press On Features Ltd'.The film is due out in October 2011.
At the beginning of May 2011 Atkinson started filming for her part in BBC medical drama Casualty. She played the part of Tamzin, a paramedic. Atkinson appeared onscreen from Sat 13 August 2011, but had confirmed on Twitter that she was only there for 10 weeks (10 episodes) She left the show on 1 October 2011, after her sixth appearance. It has been announced that she is rejoining the series, again playing Tamzin.
The premiere of Atkinson's film How to Stop Being a Loser took place on 14 November 2011.
Atkinson started filming her next project on 2 Dec 2011. It is a remake of Night of the Living Dead, which is to be shot in a 3-D format. She plays Barbara, the main female character.
Atkinson has just started filming for BBC1s Casualty. She was initially on the show for three months last year 2011, but she confirmed via Twitter that she is currently filming new episodes in Cardiff. She's filming until August 2012.
Atkinson has just finished filming a Bollywood movie...entitled 'FEVER'... starring Rajeev Khandelwal and is out in Sept 2013...It was produced by Rajeev Jhaveri and is a suspense-thriller set in Switzerland.
Atkinson's film The Dyatlov Pass Incident went on general release in the UK in August 2013
Atkinson (as of January 2014) is currently filming for her part in BBC medical drama Casualty were she again plays the part of Tamzin, a paramedic. She finishes filming at the end of May 2014 when her episodes will be shown. 
Atkinson has appeared as a contestant on reality TV series such as I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, Celebrity Weakest Link (with Marcus Patric) in December 2006, Celebrity MasterChef and ITV's Soapstar Superstar in January 2007. She reached the last four stage of Soapstar Superstar.
Songs performed on Soapstar Superstar:
- Day 1: "Who Knew" (Pink)
- Day 2: "Fields of Gold" (Eva Cassidy)
- Day 3: "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" (Arrows)/Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Day 4: "Love at First Sight" (Kylie Minogue)
- Day 5: "You're Still the One" (Shania Twain)
- Day 6: "Brass in Pocket" (The Pretenders); Pink Medley: "Just like a Pill"/"Feel Good Time"/"Last to Know"
In November 2007, she appeared on ITV in I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in Australia, coming fifth in the competition.
In January 2008, Atkinson appeared on Celebrity Mastermind, with Marcus Patric.
Atkinson and her family appeared on All Star Family Fortunes on 20 September 2008, competing against Antony Cotton and his family. The Atkinsons did not win the show; however, Gemma was given £1,000 for her chosen charity.
In early 2006, Atkinson underwent breast enlargement surgery, which took her bra size to a 34E. She said in an interview that she lost weight due to a fitness regimen and her bust size declined and that the surgery then gave them the original size and shape they once had.
Since launching her parallel career as a glamour model, Atkinson has appeared in provocative photoshoots in lingerie and swimwear, for men's magazines such as Arena, FHM, Loaded, Maxim, Zoo and Nuts. In October 2006, she appeared in three of the aforementioned magazines in one month, becoming one of the most prolific celebrity glamour models in the UK. She has also released calendars yearly since 2006, with the 2008 and 2009 being shot in Thailand.
Since 2006, she has appeared in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list, debuting at number 32 in 2006; following her appearance on the cover of FHM, she moved up to 23 in 2007; rising again to 18 in 2008 and falling to 81 in 2009. She ranked number 46 in AskMen.com's 99 Sexiest Women of 2008.
Atkinson has undertaken a wide range of promotional work; she was the female face of the 2007 British Grand Prix and worked for the Orange promotion "On Yer Bike London" prior to the Tour De France.
In September 2007, Atkinson did a five-kilometre (3 miles 190 yards) charity run for breast cancer awareness.
She embarked upon a 228 kilometres (142 mi) walk along the Great Wall of China in April 2008, as part of a charity event organised by Olivia Newton-John's breast cancer awareness charity. She was joined on her section of the walk by celebrities Marcus Patric and Ant and Dec amongst others. The walk was intended to symbolise the steps cancer patients must take on their road to recovery.
Atkinson visited The Home and Garden Show at Chester Racecourse on 5 June 2008 to unveil the room she designed with furniture store owner Arighi Bianchi which would be suitable for teenagers in conjunction with the Teenage Cancer Trust charity. Her room design later won first prize and she collected a trophy for her efforts. It was created in association with Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT), the Home and Garden Show's official charity, and the design will now be incorporated into the TCT unit at Christie Hospital, Manchester. Atkinson has also been asked to become a full ambassador for the TCT charity.
On 8 January 2009, Atkinson was at Spinningfields in Manchester helping to launch The Great Manchester Run, a 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) run for charity that took place on 17 May 2009. At the launch, she was joined by singer Russell Watson, and actors Anthony Cotton and Britt Ekland. Atkinson ran to raise funds for the New Children's Hospital appeal. She finished the 10k run on 17 May 2009 with a time of 1 hour 6 mins.
In May 2010 Atkinson again took part in the Great Manchester Run, she was competing on behalf of Manchester's Christie Hospital. She hoped to beat her time from the previous year's run of 1 hour 6 mins. She ran a time of 57 minutes, beating her 2009 time by 9 minutes. In 2011 she again beat her previous year's time, running 55 minutes.
|2009||Boogie Woogie||Charlotte Bailey|
|Sweet Shop, TheThe Sweet Shop||Katie Powell|
|2011||How to Stop Being a Loser||Hannah|
|2013||Night of the Living 3D Dead||Barbara|
|Devil's Pass||Denise Evers||also known as The Dyatlov Pass Incident|
|2001–2005||Hollyoaks||Lisa Hunter||631 episodes|
|2004||Hollyoaks: After Hours||Lisa Hunter||5 episodes|
|2005||Hollyoaks: Let Loose||Lisa Hunter||13 episodes|
|2006||Hollyoaks: In the City||Lisa Hunter||20 episodes|
|I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Herself||Contestant
|2009||Bill, TheThe Bill||Ria Crossley||1 episode|
|2011||Waterloo Road||Mandy||1 episode|
|2011–2012, 2014||Casualty||Tamzin Bayle||20 episodes|
|2012||The Hamster Wheel||Herself||5 episodes|
|The Real Hustle||Herself||1 episode|
|2013||Law & Order: UK||Becky Bryson||1 episode|
|I Love My Country||Herself||1 Episode|
|2008||Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3||Lieutenant Eva McKenna|
|2009||Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising||Lieutenant Eva McKenna|
- Gemma Atkinson at the Internet Movie Database
- "Gemma Atkinson: I won't cash in on Cristiano Ronaldo split". Now Magazine. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Gemma: My fling with Ronaldo". The Sun. 5 November 2007. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Gemma Atkinson — Great up front". FHM. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Gemma Atkinson splits up with footballer fiance!!!". Entertainment OneIndia. 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- "Casualty star Gemma Atkinson shows incredible figure".
- "UK actress the latest to join C&C: Red Alert 3 cast". 5 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "Gemma Atkinson to star in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3". Electronic Arts. 5 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "UKMIX - Reviews - Goldie Lookin Chain - R'n'B". www.ukmix.org. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "Gemma's Peter Pan role". Manchester Evening News. 4 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- "Atkinson gets role in movie". Showbizspy.com. 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- Ali Jaafar (6 May 2009). "Edinburgh lines up 23 world premiers". Variety. Retrieved 26 May 2009.
- Night Wolf at the Internet Movie Database
- Baseline at the Internet Movie Database
- "Playbill News: Jerry Hall, Anita Dobson, Gemma Atkinson and More to Join London's Calendar Girls". Playbill.com. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- "The Sweet Shop movie website". 21 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "Gemma in How to Stop being a Loser".
- "Gemma to appear in BBC 1's Casualty".
- "Gemma Atkinson Interview for iFILM LONDON".
- "Gemma in Airborne".
- "Gemma in Dyatlov Pass film". Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Gemma in Casualty". Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Gemma in Bollywood movie". Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Paramedic school jane was late". Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Gemma Atkinson Leaves Soapstar Superstar 2007". Unrealitytv.co.uk. 2007-01-11. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- "Gemma Atkinson Gallery - Girls and Celebrities Pictures - Maxim Magazine UK". www.maxim.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-24.
- "In Bed With Gemma". Maxim. 2006-10-31. Retrieved 2006-11-06.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Gemma Atkinson reveals her 2008 calendar". Now Magazine. 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2000-08-23.
- "Gemma Atkinson". FHM.com. Retrieved 2011-02-04.
- "Freida Pinto – FHM 100 Sexiest Women 2009". www.fhm.com. Retrieved 2009-08-24.
- "Gemma Atkinson - AskMen.com UK". Uk.askmen.com. 1984-11-16. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- "Gemma Atkinson named the face of Formula 1". Now Magazine'. 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "Gemma Atkinson launches On Yer Bike London". Now Magazine'. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "Gemma Atkinson models sexy La Senza underwear". Now Magazine'. 2007-04-27. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- Atkinson signed up to be Ultimo's "angel"[dead link]
- "Gemma Atkinson at the Ultimo Store Opening at Debenhams - The Lingerie Post". www.the-lingerie-post.com. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "The Great Walk To Beijing".
- "Actress on her marks for charity". The Bolton News. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gemma Atkinson.|