|Full name||Gemma Bonner|
|Date of birth||13 July 1991|
|Place of birth||Leeds, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:14, 3 June 2012 (UTC+5).
† Appearances (Goals).
Gemma Bonner (born 13 July 1991) is an English football defender. In November 2012 she signed for Liverpool Ladies of the FA WSL, after beginning her career with hometown club Leeds United then spending two seasons with Chelsea in 2011 and 2012. She captained Liverpool to the 2013 FA WSL title and made her debut for the senior England women's national football team in September 2013. At UEFA Women's Euro 2013 Bonner was part of England's squad but did not play.
Bonner started playing football as soon as she could run and by the age of eight had already joined Leeds United.
Her versatility with both feet and incredible aerial ability were the main attributes that brought Chelsea calling in January 2011, when the Blues secured her signature ahead of the Women's Super League.
She played in the first ever FA Cup Final of Chelsea, in 2012. The young defender scored her only goal of the 2011–12 FA Women's Cup in their 2–0 away win against The Belles in the 6th round, helping her side to secure their place in the semi finals. In the penalty shoot-out of the 2012 FA Women's Cup Final, she was unable to convert her penalty into a goal. She blazed hers over the bar to hand the Cup to Birmingham.
In November 2012 Bonner signed for Liverpool. In doing so she linked up with her ex–Chelsea manager Matt Beard and expressed her excitement at the move: "I am delighted to be joining Liverpool at a key time in my football career and have been greatly influenced by the commitment that Liverpool FC are showing towards women's football. When the opportunity to work with Matt again came I was pleased to take it and I am excited for the challenge ahead."
An England representative at Under 17s, Under 19s, Under 20s and Under 23s level by the age of 19, Bonner has accumulated a wealth of international experience. She was in the England Under 17s World Cup team, in which they ended in the fourth place. In 2009 Bonner was part of the England Under 19s European Championship winning side. Bonner received her first senior team call-up for the UEFA Euro 2013 qualifier away to Croatia in March 2012.
- England U19
- "All White on the night". TheFA.com. 11 February 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Doncaster Rovers 0 Chelsea 2". chelsea.fawsl.com. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "FA Women's Cup: Birmingham beat Chelsea on penalties in final". bbc.co.uk. 26 May 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Birmingham 4 Chelsea 2". FAWSL.com. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Gemma Bonner: Liverpool sign defender from Chelsea". British Broadcasting Corporation. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Record at FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup". FIFA.com. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Sweden 0 – 2 England". UEFA.com. 25 July 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "England – Nigeria 1:1". FIFA.com. 14 July 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "GIVE IT ALL YOU'VE GOT". TheFA.com. 29 September 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "WOMEN'S SQUAD NAMED FOR CROATIA QUALIFIER". TheFA.com. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Gemma Bonner looks back on a memorable England debut in the 8-0 win over Turkey". The Football Association. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gemma Bonner.|