Gemma Doyle (politician)
|Shadow Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans|
8 October 2010
|Preceded by||Bob Ainsworth|
|Member of Parliament
for West Dunbartonshire
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||John McFall|
13 April 1981 |
Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland
|Political party||Labour Co-operative|
|Alma mater||University of Glasgow|
|Committees||Energy and Climate Change 2010, Administration 2010, Armed Forces Bill 2011-|
She previously worked for the Labour Party, and before that for the Institute of Civil Engineers as a conference organiser, for the political communications company Holyrood Communications Ltd, and as a Labour party researcher for Cathy Craigie Labour MSP.
Member of Parliament
She has been since October 2010 Labour's Shadow Defence Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans, deputy to Shadow Defence Secretary Jim Murphy. In 2011, she was a member of the special Select Committee set up to scrutinise the Bill that became the Armed Forces Act 2011.
Gemma Doyle is married to Gregor Poynton, the Director of External Engagement at the Scottish Labour Party, who was formerly at Portland Communications and Blue State Digital. Poynton was the Labour candidate for North East Fife at the 2003 Scottish Parliament election. He admitted in 2013 to paying the dues for 11 members to join the Falkirk Labour party with the expectation that they would vote for him in the contested selection; however, he claims that the money was all reimbursed to him in cash.
- "Strathleven Regeneration C.I.C.". Dellam Corporate Information. 22 June 2011. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "About Gemma". gemmadoyle.org.uk. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Ed Miliband's shadow cabinet and ministerial teams". BBC News. 12 October 2010.
- "Select Committee on the Armed Forces Bill". parliament.uk. Retrieved 20 Sep 2013.
- "Murphy continues Scottish Labour rebuilding with appointment of Better Together Chief". LabourList. 21 January 2015.
- Gemma Doyle MP official website
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- "Gemma Doyle MP". BBC Democracy Live (BBC). Retrieved 17 November 2010.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for West Dunbartonshire